Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Milton Shupe and Team - Web Site

Milton-Top-Site.gif

Milton Shupe's site is now back online.

After many years of Milton providing the site and support he elected to focus more on his aircraft development projects and also remove the burden of running costs for the web site. I thought that his site was a genuine historical environment that needed to be maintains for prosperity and volunteered to migrate and preserve this important site for ease of access for the simming community, of course with Milton's consent.

After a very long pause, sorry :(  ,the web site for Milton and his incredible team of developers is now back online.

This collection of outstanding, multiple award winning, aircraft is now again available for simmers to enjoy.

The migration was a long and complex process - over 620 htm files (many in MSWord), 530 download files imbedded in 318 directories containing over 7000 files. Thousands of url links to be ammended and rerouted.

But at last, I have got the site up and running - no doubt there might be some errors in there - if you discover any then please advise me by e-mail garry[at]gjsmith.net (change "at" to "@")

Still a lot of subordinate htm pages to be converted/migrated - however, all pages are functioning and now ready for your browsing pleasure.

You can get to Milton's page via                   - click on the large advert for Milton's site and away you go - happy surfing.

Regards

Edited by Jim Young
Link to site removed as it no longer exists
  • Upvote 5

Outstanding!!  Thanks Garry!!  Losing all that Milton has provided to the community over many years would most certainly be a loss of epic proportions.  Thanks for preserving his efforts for us and for future generations of simmers.

Cheers.  :smile:

Wow, thanks Garry, I've always enjoyed the work Shupe and team have provided to the flightsim community. Appreciate your efforts!

Cheers

Martin

Unimaginably generous effort on your part Garry. You have done a great service to the flight sim community. Thank you very much for keeping this very important part of our history alive.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Your Welcome Gentlemen,

When Milton let it be known that he was closing the web site - my gut feel was that the entire community would be missing out on an outstanding volume of excellent work on many award winning aircraft.  Something needed to be done - so stepped up and got stuck in.  

Bit off a big challenge  :P  - but at least it is now locked in and will be available for the simmers to continue to enjoy - hopefully I can keep it alive and available for many more years.

Regards

Thanks mate,

Yes I am like the little gnome that sits in the front garden  :P

Gaudy paint and all the trimmings - but everyone just wants to get into the house for all of the free goodies - so they mostly walk on bye hardly noticing the chearful little gnome out front.

But not to worry - I am a happy little gnome :lol:  - knowing that simmers are getting some pretty good stuff from within the flight sim house on the Web that I have built over the years.

Regards and I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous new year.

• Upvote 1

Garry - you have just won the award of "Gnome of the Year 2014!" Well done mate and THANKS!!!

Ian

HI Ian,

With gracious humility I humbly accept this prestigious award that you have bestowed upon me.

It has only taken 16 years of servitude to the simming community to reach the pinacle of being awarded the "Gnome of the Year"

Another 16 years and I might get a Golden Gnome - one can only dream I guess. :rolleyes:

Regards mate :lol:

• Upvote 1

For those that might have missed it - the Graphics Tutorial for gmax modelling created by Milton is now available on the new Milton Shupe and Team web pages.

It is all black magic to me but for those who want to get into creating 3D aircraft models this seems to be an excellent tutorial..

You will find the links to in on the new site - http://www.gjsmith.net/Milton_Shupe/

Also the Rockwell Shrike aircraft has been added - I missed that aircraft in the migration - sorry - but up and running now.

While your on the site - feel free to click on one of the Vote Buttons - Add your vote for placement of Milton's pages on the Top 100 Flight Sim Sites.   Only the first vote per IP address is counted - multiple clicks are ignored. :rolleyes:

Happy simming to all.

Thank you so much for all of this Garry, and your obvious love of our hobby.

Regards,

Mel

Hi Garry

As an influential member of the Gnome Academy, I have filed the paperwork for your Golden Gnome Award, WITH DIAMONDS. And I slipped a few bucks to the other member of the Gnome Academy, Gnomanous Gnu, to expedite things. You should receive it, oh, about 2030, give or take a decade. It would happen more quickly but nobody has mowed the grass around either of us in years so it's hard for us to move at all, except when it blows really hard and in the right direction. But it will happen, I promise. We Gnomes have to stick together mate!

:lol:

Cheers

Ian