Sign in to follow this  
alandc10

Ive made the jump to FSX

Wells folks after many many years of tweaking and enjoying FS9 i eventually took the leap and got my FSX campaign off and running. Ive spent days over the holidays tweaking this and im very pleased so far. Nice n smooth all the way.

FS9 however will always remain on my HDD. Rather like the concorde at MAN, ready and waiting to return to service :-)

fsx_zpseed25853.jpg

fsx1_zpsc232cecc.jpg

Thanks

Al

Nice shots. I didn't know people were still using FS9. If you've not yet used FSX, then in you're in for a treat :-)

Congratz!

I'm just surprised that if you are going to jump, you didn't jump the whole way and land on P3D! :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The main reason i kept FS9 should explain itself below..............................God it looks good

klmasia3_zpsb28466ed.png

Untitled-2_zpsc589df48.jpg

ffff2_zpsb68f0148.jpg

asedr_zps81f16fcd.jpg

1aaaaa_zps43586db8.jpg

I actually just reinstalled it a few days ago. :-)

Want to see how far it can be pushed.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That's FS9!!! Wow!!  :O

Yea, years of tweaking and adding to. Heres a few more FS9 from my collection.............God i could be talking myself out of FSX here lol

gdfgdfgdf_zps50d64022.png

austrian_zps7493b5a6.png

Untitled-Copy_zps37fa8823.png

Untitledaaa_zps5063a9d3.jpg

raf_zps69dc96c3.jpg

hhhaa_zps030b6765.jpg

Thanks

Al

I still have FS9 sat on my shelf but haven't used it for years. Just shows how much potential the FS engine had, even in the FS9 days. Such a pity it was binned by Microsoft :(

That's FS9!!! Wow!!  :O

Yes, with FS9 you get lots of graphics goodies these days with none of the pain!

Judging from dl counts (as was discovered by another FS9 user here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426144-so-thats-what-fs9ers-do/) there must still be 156579 of us landing at avsim! I checked that United AI package today.

Visiting the resident FS9 forum is fun too! http://forum.avsim.net/forum/263-the-fs2004-fs9-forum/

Regards and Happy New Year!

Sascha

Nice shots.  I'm also an FS9er/FSXer.  Most times, I enjoy FS9 more.  There is something special about it that I can't quite put my finger on.

There are so many programs out there that lets you customize FS9 to really bring out some eye candy and I love pushing it as far as I can graphically.  FS9 will never leave my hard drive.

Yea, years of tweaking and adding to. Heres a few more FS9 from my collection.............God i could be talking myself out of FSX here lol

gdfgdfgdf_zps50d64022.png

Thanks

Al

That water is great, which addon are you using? Zinertek?

Great shots.Still have my FS9.

NEBOJSA

That water is great, which addon are you using? Zinertek?

I use Rex ive enb series installed also. to be honest, ive done that many tweaks over the years i cant remember everything.

Alan

Great pics, both FSX and FS9... rest assured, you WILL be able to get FSX looking even better than FS9 even at its very best.