Sign in to follow this  
jfri

FSPS Frictionality and Sim Physics X

I would like to hear from people who have used any or both of these two utilities. Are they worth spending money on if you want to increase realism ?

Do they work fine with advanced add on planes like A2A and PMDG or Realair ? Are they easy to use ?

I bought Sim Physics X and I regret it very much. Clunky resource hog program  to simulate icing, and runway physics etc. Sounds nice but in reality it does not work very nicely. I use FSCaptain which does the same much better.

RobdeVries.jpg

I bought Sim Physics X and I regret it very much. Clunky resource hog program  to simulate icing, and runway physics etc. Sounds nice but in reality it does not work very nicely. I use FSCaptain which does the same much better.

+1

Hans Soule

No idea as I've never used either, but FSUIPC (registered or unregistered) can apply the ground friction tweak so I wouldn't spend the money on the frictionality thing unless it has some functionality that I'm missing, I can't be bothered to research it. Looks to me like a catchy name and a commercial attempt for something that's been available free since the FS9 days.

You need at least FSUIPC Version 4.86 then you just add "PatchSIM1friction=Yes" to the [General] section of FSUIPC.ini. It appears to be configurable through an included Lua plugin, see FSUIPC4 History.pdf in the FSUIPC Documents folder for more details.

Jim

I have to agree with the previous posters on SimPhysics. On of my most regretted purchases, I never used it, A2A's Accufeel does most of those things as well, and it's much easier to use IMO.

Never even heard of Frictionality before.

@ Jim - No, it adds a lot more then that. For me the most important thing is simulated wet/icy runways. As others have mentioned fscaptain does it just as well.

Regards

Rob Prest

@ Jim - No, it adds a lot more then that. For me the most important thing is simulated wet/icy runways. As others have mentioned fscaptain does it just as well.

Regards

So spending money on Sim Physics is a bad idea but Frictionality might be worth considering (cost only 6 Euro today). I tried the demo of FScaptain some time agoo. I encountered problems using it with the Aerosoft BeaverX so I gave up on it then. Mayve it's more suited for airliners. I think the price was somewhat high also.

Jfri,

In the past half-year, we've unveiled a new 1.5.0 version of FSCaptain with a gauge-less ACARS, plus interfaces for many new aircraft (including the Majestic Q400, Milviz 737, as well as Aerosoft's Airbus and Twotter Entended).

What problems did you have with the Aerosoft Beaver?  There were problems with that aircraft in the past in regards to it appear in the Administrator, but of the last few reported user issues, all seem to have been corrected.  If you still experience problems with 1.5.0 and the Beaver, then I'd like to ask you to post those problems so we can address them.

As an FYI, with the gauge-less 1.5.0, the Hazard Pack options are free to use in trial mode until March 21 2014 (when the seasons change), and there's currently a sale good until January 4th at SimMarket for about 18 EUR / 25 USD.

And the Hazard Pack also includes (for free until March 21m 2014) the brand-new requirement to undergo Ground De-icing and Anti-Icing Procedures....

(I use FSCaptain with both long-haul airliners as well as with GA piston and turboprop aircraft.)

With Regards,

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Jfri,

In the past half-year, we've unveiled a new 1.5.0 version of FSCaptain with a gauge-less ACARS, plus interfaces for many new aircraft (including the Majestic Q400, Milviz 737, as well as Aerosoft's Airbus and Twotter Entended).

What problems did you have with the Aerosoft Beaver?  There were problems with that aircraft in the past in regards to it appear in the Administrator, but of the last few reported user issues, all seem to have been corrected.  If you still experience problems with 1.5.0 and the Beaver, then I'd like to ask you to post those problems so we can address them.

As an FYI, with the gauge-less 1.5.0, the Hazard Pack options are free to use in trial mode until March 21 2014 (when the seasons change), and there's currently a sale good until January 4th at SimMarket for about 18 EUR / 25 USD.

And the Hazard Pack also includes (for free until March 21m 2014) the brand-new requirement to undergo Ground De-icing and Anti-Icing Procedures....

(I use FSCaptain with both long-haul airliners as well as with GA piston and turboprop aircraft.)

With Regards,

From what I remember the VC display in the Beaver got corrupted. I think I had an exchange of email about that without having the issur resolved. What would be interesting for me to know is how well my current and planned addon planes work in FScaptain (PMDG 737NGX SimCheck Airbus A300B4-200 , Aerosoft Beaver X , Carenado C208 C152,A2A C172 C337 Spitfire J3 Cub Realair Lancair Legacy) (plan to buy Concorde X at some point). Which of these add-on aircraft have had their interfaces merged into the base product ?

I will definitely consider buying this during the day January 4 .

Am planning in buying as well, want to add Majestic Q400 to the list above, also is the Hazards package included with the FSCaptain 1.5 or must be purchased separately after March 21st. Also is it fully compatible with ASN??

Thanks in advance!!

Arslan Nouar

I did try SimPhysics X again yesterday and it was on when I landed the MD-11 in snow while landing at KIND.  It did produce a sliding effect when I switched from the thrust reversers to manual braking.  It was also pretty squirrely while taxiing.  Maybe I just haven't given it enough of a try..or been flying in bad enough weather for it to be a factor.

What problems did you have with the Aerosoft Beaver?

Now (after installing latest demo) I have the problem of not being able to install the ACARS gauge in it. Problem is that there are no entries for last window to select so I can't finish the installation. In A2A I'm unable to display the gauge after installing it.