Hey guys,

I just got the Saitek pro flight yoke system yesterday, and what i am having problems with, is the rudder. 

How do you set up the rudder? Without the pedals? I tried binding the rudder yaw left/right to a button on the yoke itself, but it's a ###### staying on the centerline while taxiing and takeoff.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Best regards,

Kim.

Not possible to set it good way without pedals. I use my rudder joystick cause I couldnt afford pedals now.

Get yourself some pedals. And I'd get the Cessna productline next time, they are much better quality (I have used both).

Best get pedals, (needs an axis controller for rudder not buttons)  alternatively you can use the yoke only as long as you have auto rudder selected in the FSX control set up, this will allow you to steer/exit runway etc using the yoke

True about Cessna - got it here and it's great. As I'm flying 737 NGX I don't use rudder that much if I'm not crabbing or taxiing so I decided to stay with extra joystick, but yes pedals is best way.

It is possible to do using FSUIPC.

Assuming you have it, open FSUIPC, click on Axis Assignments and just add the Rudder to the Aileron Axis by clicking the second box down and assign it to rudder, and bobs your uncle.  I use the same combination for rudder and steering tiller, works like a charm.  However, you will need to fine tune them after as the rudder would be too stong.

Happy new year and enjoy the yoke.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

can't use just put a tick in Autorudder in settings/realism.

that way your Yoke does both

steve

Best get pedals, (needs an axis controller for rudder not buttons)  alternatively you can use the yoke only as long as you have auto rudder selected in the FSX control set up, this will allow you to steer/exit runway etc using the yoke

Thanks for the tip, that works fine! :)