Sign in to follow this  
trancesetter

FTX Global Vector installer simply stops

Hi,

I've just bought FTX Global Vector and after a fast download I am trying to install it, however the installer just stops without any message. What I did and what happens:

* Extracted the zip-file

* Start the executable, enter registration and the setup starts un-wrapping the installer

* I get a message saying I should not click "Finish" until the installer is finished

* The installer starts and asks me to agree to the license agreement

* I click next and the installer says "Preparing to install, checking file conditions"

* when the green bar for checking file conditions is full, the installer stops, and only the unwrapper is there waiting for me to click Finish.

* However, in FSX there are no new entries in the scenery add-ons list, nor do I see any difference in FSX. It seems to me the installer didn't do anything.

Anyone has an idea of what I can do to solve this?

Have you made sure that you have run as admin........  do you have FS Global installed?

There is a new update for FS global   (1.20) which you should install and also make sure you have the latest orbx libraries installed.

If that does not help also make sure you have all the windows updates installed.

Hope this helps

Roy

Roy Jordan

Also worth checking to make sure you have sufficient space (irrespective of where it's writing to) on your C: drive to allow the installation to unwrap. I'm not sure if that would produce what you see (or rather, don't see!) but it seems to be a common problem.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Hi!

I had the EXACT same problem, turns out it was a space requirement issue. I cleared out some space on both my system disk, and my installation target disk. After that installation completed successfully!

Also, installation is not complete until FTX Central has launched and you've Applied the new installation as Global.

If the installation isn't launching FTX Central then it is probably because it's a faulty/incomplete download or as Sharkku suggests, there's a problem creating the folders.