Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

advices before buying the PRO ATC !

Hi folks

In these days I still see couple of videos on this program and I had couple of questions need to answer before the buying.

In the videos I dont see any traffic control in this program and yes I see in some videos during landings or even takeoff's there is some traffic cross the runway during the landing s or takeoffs. And yes that is meaning pro atc does not control or handled the other traffic in the airport, is that true the pro atc does not control or navigate the airport traffic ? If so what I do If using pro atc and see the other traffic cross my takeoff, landing or taxi.

If I bought the pro atc how to control the other traffic and make them interact with this program, cuz if I let the fsx atc control them, it will call me to give me the clearance which may not the same with the pro atc ?

Sorry thd english not my tongue language...

Thanks a lot.

It does not interact with other traffic in the air or on the ground.  You can use the default ATC program to accomplish those functions.  Occasionally, ProATC will "see" aircraft arriving and not allow you to enter the runway until that aircraft has landed but still, you are better off using the default ATC while on the ground for more realism.  ProATC developers have been working for a solution to interaction with AI.  Stay tuned.  I personally think it is impossible as it would require modifying the FSX code.  It's not as real as it gets while on the ground.  I use both the default and ProATC as I like the ProATC feature of a co-pilot in the VC handling most of the flight operations.  No longer are you, the Captain, required to do everything (like tune the radios, handle comms, set NAV/Comm frequencies, set the altitude, etc.  You can even go to wing view and watch while your co-pilot is bringing the aircraft in for a landing!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The FO handling comms is also provided by RCv4.3, PFE and VoxATC. It's certainly not unique to ProATC-X and I would contend that is hardly sufficient to make up for all of the other glaring deficiencies in the latter.

Andy

Fair enough.  I do not want to make this a "trash ProATC" thread. 

Seems like whenever someone answers a question like I did someone else comes in and picks it apart instead of staying on topic and answering the OP's questions.  I'm not the OP.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK, I'll address the OP. My advice is to give serious consideration to any other ATC add-on other than ProATC. ProATC is still under-developed and more likely to induce frustration than satisfaction. You have spotted one problem; there are many others. I suggest a read through of the ProATC forum to gauge the level of satisfaction or otherwise of those who have purchased it so far.

Andy

I would wait until they publish their long time promised updated product. Otherwise you might be disappointed, as I am.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It does not interact with other traffic in the air or on the ground. You can use the default ATC program to accomplish those functions. Occasionally, ProATC will "see" aircraft arriving and not allow you to enter the runway until that aircraft has landed but still, you are better off using the default ATC while on the ground for more realism. ProATC developers have been working for a solution to interaction with AI. Stay tuned. I personally think it is impossible as it would require modifying the FSX code. It's not as real as it gets while on the ground. I use both the default and ProATC as I like the ProATC feature of a co-pilot in the VC handling most of the flight operations. No longer are you, the Captain, required to do everything (like tune the radios, handle comms, set NAV/Comm frequencies, set the altitude, etc. You can even go to wing view and watch while your co-pilot is bringing the aircraft in for a landing!

Best regards,

Okay, on ur way, pro atc x and defualt atc for the traffic.

Thank u for the fast response.

Personally I use PATC on most flights and have few problems.....save for being vectored in on rwy27 at St Maartin LOL. What I enjoy is the ability to assign ATC chatter simply that works and the co pilot radio work ...I guess I just use it to enhance the ambience rather than looking for total reality and in that sence I use it more than vox atc, radar contact and pro flight emulator  which I also bought but didnt get on with.

Happy new year to all !!!

To the OP, my advice is to read through the PATC literature on their site and the posts on the PATC forum, consider the pros and cons written there and make up your own mind from that research. I have PATC and have now gone to another program, but that was my choice based on "my" experiences and "my" expectations of ATC realism.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The main problem with the professionsl simmers is that u need to use PRO ATC X u should use its flight plane tool, I am one of the PFPX users, so can I use PFPX with PRO ATC X (use pro atc x as a atc only without using its flight planning ), any advice simmers ?

The main problem with the professionsl simmers is that u need to use PRO ATC X u should use its flight plane tool, I am one of the PFPX users, so can I use PFPX with PRO ATC X (use pro atc x as a atc only without using its flight planning ), any advice simmers ?

Yes, you can import flight plans into PATC such as copy and paste and it will reproduce your PFPX flight plan inside PATC ready for use.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes, you can import flight plans into PATC such as copy and paste and it will reproduce your PFPX flight plan inside PATC ready for use.

Regards,

Whats the path u coped the exported FP inside the PATCX ?

Regards,

That's one of the reasons I haven't looked at ProATC. I am in no way interested to use it's flightplanner since I was very happy with FSCommander and now since its release, PFPX. I don't want to have to do copy-paste actions to get my flightplan accepted. Just point to the created flightplan and use it.

ProATC also does not assign you a SID or STAR.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

ProATC also does not assign you a SID or STAR.

That it assigns SID's and STARs dynamically is about the only thing in its favour over RC and PFE. whether it does so reliably is something else entirely

From the ProATC site#

• SIDs/STARs are assigned according to weather conditions.
  • Other SIDs can be requested.

Unusually, I will give you categorical advice.  Do NOT buy any ATC add-on until the end of January.

There has been a long running and often scurrilous debate about ProATC.

Fwerff's post above is a good example.  Although he doesn't appear to own the product, he states categorically that it doesn't assign SIDs and STARs.  That is completely wrong, it does assign both SIDs and STARs and what's more, unlike what I understand to be the case with some other products, it assigns them dynamically on the basis or the prevailing wind rather than having to decide in advance in the flight planning stage.  As Mad Dog says, you can also request a change once a SID or STAR has been given to you.

Allegedly, there has been a major ProATC upgrade in development for the best part of 9 months to address some of its failings, including the lack of interaction with AI traffic. Communication on progress has been very poor which has led some to conclude there is no update.  However, there has recently been a statement that it's likely to be released this month.  You should at least wait to see if that is the case before opening your wallet.

Like CJCDrummond, I use ProATC on every flight and it works well for me every time.  I am not going to comment on other ATC add-ons as I don't possess them.  I can say that ProATC is 1,000 times better than the default ATC, at least if you are flying IFR airliners in Europe.

ngxu_banner.png