Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

What are your X-wishes for 2014?

What are your X-wishes for 2014?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wish Laminar Research will give us in 2014? (MAX 3 ANSWERS PLEASE!)

• Improved AI/ATC
    • Improved weather (clouds, winds, dynamic weather, etc.)
    • Improved environmental visuals (fog, snow, rain, lighting, moon phases, etc.)
    • Seasons
    • Improved urban scenery (regional autogen, urban coverage, etc.)
    • No blurries at high altitude.
    • Improved flight/physics/etc. model
    • Improved sound engine
    • Improved interface/GUI
    • Lots of default airports with buildings
    • Using mousewheel to manipulate knobs
    • Improved performance
    • Other (write a post about it)
    • All of the above

What do you wish Laminar Research will  give us in 2014? (MAX 3 ANSWERS PLEASE!) :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Hehe, think we both voted exactly the same Murmur :-)

BTW: Excellent idea!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Although happier with the present X-Plane than any previous version, I see room for improvement in all the areas mentioned.  However, with the continued interest in improving the product by Laminar, there is more effort being put forth than any other affordable alternative.  Every time there is an update, things just get better!

I have seen flight simulation evolve from a few lines with gauges to what it is today and am always amazed at it's evolution.  X-Plane has evolved from a blurry, non recognizable terrain to a realistic terrain, with aircraft that feel and look like the real thing, in a relatively short period.  Considering their evolution in just a fraction of the life of flight simulation in general, I think there is promise of great things.

John 

John Wingold

Just sent Austin the link!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Nice poll, everything I have been wishing to see is on the list. I hope they add more default art assets to the WED scenery editor.

How about completed night lighting and regional buildings?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Mouse wheel to manipulate knobs and basic VFR flight planner, and more legos to make better airports. Scenery, Golf courses, parks, watertowers, dams, powerplants. autogen regionalized so more plausible. Just really want incremental improvements on all fronts.

I wanted to vote for a PMDG aircraft - then I realized this is still a 2014 vote! :lol:

PMDG's first product for X-Plane shouldn't be too far away now. I'm really looking forward to it :)

My main wishes for 2014:

1) That they fix the ATC already

2) That they fix the high-altitude scenery rendering

3) (This probably won't happen) That they hire someone to model all the major cities to the same level of detail as the FSX defaults

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

ATC for VFR flights

Better GPS graphism

SLI/Crossfire possibility (to have multi graphic cards and than to push Graphics at the top).

Better graphism in general (p3D for this is at top !!!)

Snow accumulation would be really cool!

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Show the different seasons (Snow on the mountains and airports on Winter....)