Sign in to follow this  

QW BaE-146+VimaCore Cross Compatibility Issue

FYI, after installing Quality Wings BAE-146, P3DV2 will now consistently generate g3d.dll errors whenever I exit P3DV2  - please note this is regardless of location or aircraft currently selected - this problem started after installing QW BAE-146.  Quality Wings did NOT install anything in DLL.XML or EXE.XML so I'm a little puzzled at this one.  

Also note: I was able to get the QW Dispatcher application to work by creating a P3DV1.x registry entry with the path pointing to P3DV2.  However the qw146.cfg file is always empty (0KB and no data) so changes are not being saved.

I know this product was listed as compatible, but so far I've found it to have some issues that I'm unable to work around.

FYI, after installing Quality Wings BAE-146, P3DV2 will now consistently generate g3d.dll errors whenever I exit P3DV2  - please note this is regardless of location or aircraft currently selected - this problem started after installing QW BAE-146.  Quality Wings did NOT install anything in DLL.XML or EXE.XML so I'm a little puzzled at this one.  

I know this product was listed as compatible, but so far I've found it to have some issues that I'm unable to work around.

The QW BAE-146 is the only "big" aircraft that works without the slightest problems. Of course not all the settings of P3Dv2 are at max (although with my PC the framerates are even then quite good) and I disabled Mipmap VC Panels and HDR Lightning. Just now checked both dll's here and I also can not see any entry relating to QW BAE-146. So I am afraid your problems are not caused by this aircraft.

By the way, I also use the new iFly 737 which only has some minor issues but I do not use my A320 AXE anymore until LM/Aerosoft bring out working patches/updates.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I disabled Mipmap VC Panels and HDR Lightning.

I've disabled Mipmap VC Panels also, but I'm not going to disable HDR Lighting to make this aircraft work - IMHO, that defeats the purpose of using P3DV2 if one has to disable HDR to use an aircraft.

I uninstalled/removed the QW BAE-146 and the issue with the g3d.dll error on exit went away.  So I did more testing to see if it was a combination of 3rd party products that was the cause and discovered that QW BAE-146 and VistaMare (ViMaCoreX.dll) don't appear to want to live in harmony together - VistaMare would actually create a log of with the error "Failed to load ViMaCoreX.dll".  However, with the QW BAE-146 NOT installed, I didn't get the VistaMare error log.  I removed VistaMare and re-installed QW BAE-146 and sure enough no g3d.dll error on exit.  So it seems to be a combination of the two that trigger the g3d.dll error on exit.

But unfortunately VAS usage is very high with the QW BAE-146 even when turning down settings (3.8GB at a default airport clear weather) which tends to lead to very short flights before OOM.  Relative to another complex aircraft like the Q-400 which is only around 3.1 GB VAS in the same situation ... I tired non-HD liveries for the QW BAE-146 but they made very little difference in terms of VAS.

I had no problems with frame rates with the QW BAE-146, it was just VAS usage.

Sorry for waking up an old thread but I was planning to get this aircraft to play around with in P3Dv2.1

However after reading this thread about the high VAS usage which would pretty much make the aircraft useless and especially in combination with payware addon airports I will definitely think twice about this.

Too bad because I read lots of good things about this aircraft and watched a great clip on YouTube showing very nice v/c shadows etc.

Richard Åsberg

Richard,

I just flew it in P3Dv2.1 .... nice flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks, that's great news but if the VAS usage is 3.8 GB only by sitting at a default airport with no weather I can't see how you will be able to do any serious flying? Maybe it's different in P3Dv2.1 but in FSX you're in OOM danger zone already when passing 3.7 GB VAS.

What was your flight like, using any addon airports and/or weather?

Maybe I go ahead and buy the aircraft to test it out myself considering I could always use Flight1's very generous refund policy.

Richard Åsberg

I have been using the QW BAe almost exclusively with P3D v2 and now 2.1. I thinks it's fantastic - and HDR gives me no problems (except, for me at least, landing/taxi lights do not show up from VC at night - a show-stopper for some). But as I mentioned in another thread, it could be my system's config/addon issues.

Mario Di Lauro

No problems here VAS at 2.4 usage and solid. Dont understand this or what others are doing that causes this excessive VAS usage. I have every scenery imaginable, with exception of Vector installed.

Maybe I go ahead and buy the aircraft to test it out myself considering I could always use Flight1's very generous refund policy.

That makes good sense because you can't believe everything you read on the net. One persons problem with OMM does not necessarily mean it is the softwares problem - it more than likely means it is operators error.

Enjoy the 146 in PhD. I am.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for all input, guess I'll be doing my first flight in the BAE 146/RJ real soon :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Thanks guys for all input, guess I'll be doing my first flight in the BAE 146/RJ real soon :wink:

+1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Let us know how it works out for you - curious to know, but it is still a great aircraft. Have a safe flight :)

Mario Di Lauro

After doing some more reading and research I'm still on the fence mainly for two reasons at the moment

1. Appearently there's an issue with the taxi and landing lights not working from v/c view and another one that the tires are submerged into the ground. When I asked about this over at QW's forum they said they haven't had time to look into any P3Dv2.1 issues yet which is understandable considering the 2.1 patch was released only a couple of days ago. However they also said they are a small development team and that they are currently focusing on a new SP for the 757 and then also the 787 and 737. Asked if this means it might be a long time before we see any necessary updates for the BAe to address issues like these mentioned above but I haven't got any answer to that question yet. What I do know is that I don't want to fly an a/c where the landing lights nor the taxi lights are working from the v/c and with tires submerged into the ground

2. Have been reading hundreds of posts regarding the 2.1 update the last couple of days and unfortunately the verdict so far seems to be almost a 50-50 mix of satisfaction/dissatisfaction. For me to invest all the time and effort needed to try out P3D and maybe in the end replace FSX I would have felt more tempted doing so if the ratio would have been more like 80/20

The BAe a/c seems to be a very nice one so of course I could still buy it and use it in FSX but after all the main reason for me to get this a/c would have been to have a nice a/c to fly in P3Dv2.1 waiting for a fully working NGX in P3D.

Well...let's see how all this ends up. Just read a couple of posts where some guys said they've almost had it with flight simulators in general always having to fix and tweak things simply to be able to fly and in a way I have to agree with them feeling like that. I really like this hobby and I've been part of it for a long time but if I think about how much time/money/effort I put into it vs how much time I spent actually flying and enjoying my sim environment...probably best not think about it..:wink:

Richard Åsberg

That's why I dropped fsx ages ago and stopped tweaking. Been having a ball in P3Dv2 since. Silky smooth 99.999% of the time, no OOM problems. No idea what my fps are because I stopped chasing frames a long time ago. Maybe that's why I am enjoying the goodness.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk