Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Scenery and OpenStreetMap (OSM) FAQ

I also had this problem with xxx.dsf.ready files (as far as I remember in EVERY downloaded photoscenery) when using g2xpl. The only solution for me was to search for all xxx.dsf.ready file via Windows Explorer, drag them into a batch renaming tool and let the tool do its job ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I installed Alicante z17 and I noticed there is no hd2 dsf file.

is that possible because all others are.

i have the zl17 dsf and the patch

I've just downloaded the tile, checked, and it HAS the HDv2 inside and activated!?

The file +38-001.dsf has a file size of 28.671.263 Byte, the same as +38-001_HD2.dsf, which means, that HDv2 is activated.

There are still many many ZL17 files to upload (ZL16 is already done), still of Espana, so be patient and have a look at the file date as described in "Using HDv2-based dsf".

ok now I see that 2 days ago the scenery file of alicante has been changed.

I installed the new one again and now it is there.

thanks for the reply and info

I'm updating now all ZL17 tiles which is quite a lot of work, I would like to have upload speed the same as for download. ;)

I try to avoid broken links during updates, but this could be for some files. So if you have a broken link, please wait for one or two days and try again. :)

I have another question to find out if there is something to do about following issue:

To render objects as buildings for airports , I have to set the objects to default.

For the rest of the scenery I prefer hd2 plus photoscenery of cities on top.

But due to the default setting I got a hell of a lot buildings in the area which I dont like.

If I set the objects on none then i have no airport buildings anymore.

So my question is can I get rid of those objects and keep the airports only?

Hi I've just moved over to X-plane from FSX, I guess these questions have been asked before but could somebody please confirm I have the .ini file set to the correct order? Also is it ok to drop the w2xp files straight into the custom scenery folder or do I have to use the w2xp converter program thing?

Many thanks, Graham.

CustomScenery_zpseda5aeae.jpg

library_zps4a87771e.jpg

Graham, have a look at this post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442579-understanding-scenery-order/, which should explain how scenery should be ordered, etc..

However, I can see from your config that every looks correct and you shouldn't need to do anything else. I would recommend however when flying in the w2xp regions that you disable OSM_Europe to save memory and loading times as both cover the same areas

Hi Tony, many thanks for your reply. I had been reading this http://asn-xp.aerosoft.com/?page_id=10098 although still abit confused!

Hopefully in time I'll get the hang of it like editing the .cfg in FSX.

Looking forward to getting more wonderful scenery! I don't suppose you know if anything for North West UK is available?

Thanks again.

arrrg so many words.   will have to take a few days when i get home to peruse this but thank you for the time it took to inscribe this 

Mesh photosceneries contain their own complete mesh, and as such, load quicker and don't require an already existing mesh for the area being loaded. The sceneries on simheaven are complete mesh sceneries. However, because they have their own mesh, they won't work with other meshes. If you have downloaded HD Mesh v2 and you place a mesh photoscenery above the HD Mesh v2 scenery, then the mesh in the photoscenery will be used, and vice versa

I am a little confused please forgive me I can use the OSM Continent sceneries with HD Mesh v2? or is this a no no?

No worries i read a few pages in and that answered my question (:

I am a little confused please forgive me I can use the OSM Continent sceneries with HD Mesh v2? or is this a no no?

Short answer, yes you can, just make sure the OSM continent scenery is above the HD mesh in priority

Short answer, yes you can, just make sure the OSM continent scenery is above the HD mesh in priority

Thanks I did find the info by going though a few more pages of messages but thank you anyway :)

I see on simheaven.com that new w2xp 0.7.1 are available. It says "European countries are available in osm-ag and hd, some countries additionally in osm and xd."

When I download the new w2xp country files I can not see any filenames or folders ending with -osm, -osm-ag or -hd. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure either. I can't find them. Maybe the download zip file contains all three of them?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.