Sign in to follow this  
wulfbindewald

DX10 ORBX lights and reduced visibility in fog

V1.3 b34 is installed. I checked the original Orbx ftx lights (not the ftx Global lights),

but the lights are still shining through the fog.

Is the extended reduced light visibility only valid for the FTX Global lights?

Any chance to implement this effect for the original ftx lights too?  

I know Orbx announced to convert the Global light system into the existing ftx sceneries too,

but not in the near future.

Wulf

You shouldn't be having any issues with the PNW area Street Lights, Wulf - they were fixed long ago.

They used to blink on and off in DX10, and dimmed on and off in DX9.

These were the only issues that I'm aware of. Is there something else happening?

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

So far so good..... Yes I can fog the other lights, and so far... I haven't found anything broken. However it's much more risky than the ftx global lights. Unless I find anything bad I will include an option in 1.4

Paul@ I have asked, if there is a possibility to reduce light visibilty of Orbx street lights in

fog, because they are still shining through the fog.

One Scenery example CYVR FSDT during night and fog:

You will see the runway lights dimmed down in a reasonable distance, but not the Orbx street lights.

The street lights are not blinking since DX10 scenery fixer is in use;

much apreciated this improvement ;-) .

As I understood, SteveFx  will investigate....

Wulf

CYVR FSDT RWY8R at night with extreme fog:

iSvXp.jpg

CYVR FSDT RWY8R at night, moderate weather: 

A37HM.jpg

Yeah, recognised it after I'd posted. Just not used to flying in fog, I guess!  :blink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

This is a bug with the FTX lights themselves- and this presents itself in DX9 as well. It has to do with how the objects are coded (attached to autogen). From what I've heard, there is no fix at present, and orbx suggests it is a tradeoff, since dense fog "doesn't occur that often."

Right. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Just curious if you can see the top of autogen buildings, ie the roof of the buildings look like they are grey in low visibility situations. I use ftxg.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Still no fix.

I'm in the wrong forum sorry :( I thought this was referring to the bug in DX9 where the lights are still visible despite low visibility. Orbx reports this is inherent to FSX, and unfixable. 

The lights shining through the fog pretty much ruins the whole FTX night lighting thing for me so I hope they figure out a fix or add an option to turn off the FTX lights completely.

Fog happens all the time where I like to fly and it sucks with the street lights shining through. 

I hope there is a fix at some point.

The lights shining through the fog pretty much ruins the whole FTX night lighting thing for me so I hope they figure out a fix or add an option to turn off the FTX lights completely.

Fog happens all the time where I like to fly and it sucks with the street lights shining through. 

I hope there is a fix at some point.

When You are using the payware DX10 scenery fixer, current Version 2.5,  You should have no lighting issues in fog. Enclosed one example in Redding, ORBX airport scenery, with fog and real weather at dawn.

Wulf

lyoD4.jpg

PrAU.jpg