Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

No payware quality HECA airport?

I'm surprised no high quality payware or freeware HECA airport is available? Anyone know of one, or something in the future?

That's one of those airports that I have always wanted as well and am surprised that a developer has not yet tackled it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I second that, I scenery that is much needed. I would love to be able to do some N. African flights as well as flight from/to Europe. I think HECA would be a good seller.

I recall a discussion on the Aerosoft forum few years back. If I recall correctly, the main issue is getting access to the airport for photographing or obtaining photographic data otherwise.

Apparently HECA airport authorities are no FS fans and are very reluctant in providing the needed data  needed to make a high quality FS addon.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I recall a discussion on the Aerosoft forum few years back. If I recall correctly, the main issue is getting access to the airport for photographing or obtaining photographic data otherwise.

Apparently HECA airport authorities are no FS fans and are very reluctant in providing the needed data  needed to make a high quality FS addon.

When I was there frequently in the 1980s, the Egyptian Air Force used the airport, so maybe that has a bearing on accessibility.

There was one  Freeware one that I had, but it did not cooperate with FTXG.  Basically, there were black textures for buildings and some of them flashed.  Also, some Mosques were huge and not to scale.  I also experienced long lines of yellow lights.  I don't know if it was my slow video card, but when I removed them, the FTXG scenery was fine. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

http://vateg.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=63

I have this one. It's freeware and it's quite good. Not just some boring afcad.

It's for FS9 but it says it works in FSX. It does, but I have a terrain problem with one of the runways.

Thank you, this is really nice! I like the detail of the custom buildings. They did a good job. I wonder if anyone has a small mesh file that can flatten out the terrain to make it more smooth? That 05L runway does look pretty bad on a plateau.

HI all,

Texture bleeding problems at this Freeware HECA are to be solved (at least in FS2004) by placing this flatten file accordingly below the HECA entry in your scenery.cfg : (just below the "Local=" line)

Flatten.0=382,N30 05.50,E31 24.15,N30 07.35,E31 26.35,N30 07.10,E31 26.50,N30 05.35,E31 24.40

For the Terrain flattening, specially at the newer runway 05R / 23L, you ALSO need (again, at least in FS2004) a good flatten file.

This Flatten file NEEDS to be placed in a layer BELOW the Cairo 2011 Scenery. (lower number.)

Example:. My Cairo 2011 Scenery has Area and Layer nr. 339, so the FLATTEN file is copied into a new folder

with just a SCENERY folder inside, and the Flatten file that i will give you below, as Area and Layer nr. 338.

(IF you have Scenery Config Editor, you will see it the other way around.

Cairo 2011 has (for example: Priority 680, and your Flatten layer should have priority 681, which gives it a lower priority, thus doing the same effect as what i mentioned before.)

Link to the Flatten:

FS9: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/817beb8c74/DB_HECA.BGL

FSX: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/151e0ce9fa/DX_HECA.bgl

To download, click the green download button.

Just to remind you all: in FS2004 you need BOTH of these fixes, for the airport to show correctly without terrain and runway problems, only 1 of the both solutions will not work!

Thanks, hope it works, enjoy,

There is one in the pipeline. However I can't say if/when it is going to be released (Egyptian developers): http://www.simdesigngroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49&start=20

Not Flightbeam/FlyTampa quality, but from the rendered images looks like they have learned a lot since they made their first sceneries.

may not be flightbeam but anything will be better than the fsx default one!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

HI all,

Texture bleeding problems at this Freeware HECA are to be solved (at least in FS2004) by placing this flatten file accordingly below the HECA entry in your scenery.cfg : (just below the "Local=" line)

Flatten.0=382,N30 05.50,E31 24.15,N30 07.35,E31 26.35,N30 07.10,E31 26.50,N30 05.35,E31 24.40

For the Terrain flattening, specially at the newer runway 05R / 23L, you ALSO need (again, at least in FS2004) a good flatten file.

This Flatten file NEEDS to be placed in a layer BELOW the Cairo 2011 Scenery. (lower number.)

Example:. My Cairo 2011 Scenery has Area and Layer nr. 339, so the FLATTEN file is copied into a new folder

with just a SCENERY folder inside, and the Flatten file that i will give you below, as Area and Layer nr. 338.

(IF you have Scenery Config Editor, you will see it the other way around.

Cairo 2011 has (for example: Priority 680, and your Flatten layer should have priority 681, which gives it a lower priority, thus doing the same effect as what i mentioned before.)

Link to the Flatten:

FS9: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/817beb8c74/DB_HECA.BGL

FSX: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/151e0ce9fa/DX_HECA.bgl

To download, click the green download button.

Just to remind you all: in FS2004 you need BOTH of these fixes, for the airport to show correctly without terrain and runway problems, only 1 of the both solutions will not work!

Thanks, hope it works, enjoy,

I just came across this post, thank you for helping to fix the problem. But this did not work for me. I am using FSX. I placed the DX_HECA.bgl in scenery/world/scenery

I added the flatten line to the HECA entry in the scenery.cfg

I tried without the flatten line and it looks better, no runway flashing, but still runway 5L is raised above surrounding terrain and the airport buildings to the north are raised above the terrain.

Is there anything else I can try?

Speaking of Cairo, have a look at the last post here, dating back to just three days ago:

http://www.simdesigngroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49&sid=491d2ce0df64382d8bb580c75e80e090&start=40

That's good news, I've wanted a good version of HECA for a long time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As an Egyptian (not affiliated with sim design group, I'm an orthodontist who loves simming in his spare time), I've been in touch with these guys about a year ago, and it looks like they did have something in their pipeline afterall. I've bought so much sceneries some good, some bad, but would be very proud if they pull HECA off..