Sign in to follow this  
jjvini

Restart PMDG 737 NGX

Hi

I bought 737 NGX FSX (Windows 7 Ultimate) few days ago, and when I RESTART (NOT DARK AND COLD PANEL) the engines, the Duct Pressure is below 10 psi. I am AES user, so I don´t like to star the dark and cold panel.

Can you tell me what I missing to do?

or the Right steps to stop the engine and restart it correctly?

Regards

Rezende

Hi mullvadden83,

I follow all checklist procedure.

How procedure do you use to RESTART the engines?

Thanks!

Rezende

Restart?
I never restart them. Why would I?
Or do you mean in a turnaround?

Then I plug in the power at the gate. and shut down.

Then when its time to go again I start the APU and start the engines the normal way. 

I dont understand your question.

You need the air from the APU to start or restart the engines. Or crossbleed from the engine that is on.. But then you need to apply some thrust. Read about it in the FCOM.

Make sure you're turning the packs off when starting the engines.  There's not enough air to run the packs and start the engines at the same time.

Hi Folks, thanks for the patience!

Maybe I did not express myself very well.

Below a short summary of my procedures:

Engine is on. APU on, GEN left and right on. Beeld air on, packs off, I turn engines off (fuel cutoff).

AES start boarding, 10 minutes that process. Boarding complete.

Close door. Engine 1 and before 2 start, switch GRD, n1 > 25% fuel on.

When I turn off the pack bleed and the APU,  the duct pressure below 10 psi and the

N1 = 20,4%.

I can´t move!

What I missing to do? I need conect external power too?

Regards

Rezende

What I missing to do? I need conect external power too?

I'd have a look at the tutorial flights, honestly.  You'll probably learn a great deal from them.

As soon as your engines are running, you can turn off the APU (and the APU bleed), and set the PACKS to AUTO.

As far as you not being able to move, my bet would be that you left the chocks in.

Kyle Rodgers

First of all, most used start sequence in the real world is first Engine #2, then after #2 has a stabilized N1, start Engine #1.

I have yet to hear the reason for this, but I think it's something that has historically grown.

As for the starting of engines itself;

- Verify APU is running (check APU EGT)

- Switch APU generators on.

- APU bleed - ON

- ENG bleed - OFF

- Isolation valve - AUTO

- Packs - OFF

- Verify duct pressure - Above 30psi (not sure about value - doing this from memory - no NG FCOM at hand  ^_^ )

- Engine start levers - OFF

- ENGINE START switch - GRD

- Verify that the N2 RPM increases. When N1 rotation is seen and N2 is at 25%, or (if 25% N2 is not possible), at maximum motoring and a minimum of 20% N2:

- Engine start lever - IDLE
- Monitor fuel flow and EGT indications. 
- At 46% N2, verify that the ENGINE START switch moves to OFF. If not, move the ENGINE START switch to OFF. 
- Verify that the START VALVE OPEN light extinguishes when the ENGINE START switch moves to OFF. 
- Monitor N1, N2, EGT, fuel flow and oil pressure for normal indications while the engine accelerates to a stable idle. 
- After the engine is stable at idle, start the other engine.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Thanks to all of you!

I will try the steps and I will read the manual.

Regards

Rezende

Some times for me when i load the Turnaround state this problem happens, even if open full throtles i can´t move and the overhead caution light iluminates. So the workaround to me is first load the default C172 cold and dark and then load the PMDG737 with turnaround state as default. Hope this helps.

Regards

Manuel Freitas

First of all, most used start sequence in the real world is first Engine #2, then after #2 has a stabilized N1, start Engine #1.

I have yet to hear the reason for this, but I think it's something that has historically grown.

Starting #2 first allows you to close the isolation valve and select the #2 pack to AUTO after the #2 engine start.  This way you have the #2 bleed and pack providing conditioned air to the cabin while the APU is isolated for the #1 engine start.

At 46% N2, verify that the ENGINE START switch moves to OFF.

46% is for the CL. 56% for the NG.

Matt Cee

Starting #2 first allows you to close the isolation valve and select the #2 pack to AUTO after the #2 engine start.  This way you have the #2 bleed and pack providing conditioned air to the cabin while the APU is isolated for the #1 engine start.

Thanks! Didn't know that... now I finally do!

46% is for the CL. 56% for the NG.

I checked FCOM NP.21.30 and you're right. As stated, I didn't have a NG FCOM at had, so I was trying to remember the numbers... In this case I obviously mixed them up  ^_^ Thanks for the correction.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Another reason for starting engine 2 first is as follows ... If there has been a reason to use the APU for an extended period of time, then usual practice is to turn a LEFT fuel pump on to supply fuel under pressure to the APU to extend the service life of the APU fuel control unit. If the fuel quantity in the center tanks is sufficient, then the left CENTER tank fuel pump is used to prevent a fuel imbalance before takeoff. However, if the fuel quantity in the center tank is not sufficient, then the left AFT tank fuel pump is used. In that case, whilst the APU is running, a slight fuel imbalance would be created. Starting engine 2 first subsequently draws fuel from the opposite (RIGHT) tank(s) first, and therefore helps to correct the fuel imbalance before takeoff.

Although, that said, using the APU for extended periods of time these days is something most airlines do not do (for economy reasons), and most airports also have set rules advising against it as well (I believe for noise abatement and probably pollution reasons).

Regards,

Freddy