Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit - 0.9.2 - Removes requirement for Alaska DLC

I just uploaded a new version: http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/FlightToolkit_0_9_2.zip

If you have problems with AddonBuilder crashing on launch, please try installing this as well: http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/vcredist_x86.zip

Changes:

- Removed the dependency on the Alaska DLC being installed in order to use the tools.

- Improved FSX conversion of FlightInstrument settings (should fix the 0 speed and alt in the HUD)

- Fixed conversion of models with scaling in the bones.

- Fixed error during conversion of turboprop aircraft.  They should now be converted successfully, although most likely they will still not be flyable.

- Vastly improved the optimizations within the model during conversion.  There are still some issues with more complex aircraft such as the 737 and 747.

Let me know if you run into new issues!

- Stone

Thanks Stonelance!  :smile:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I get this message from Flight when flying the Piper Cub: "Landing gear down while travelling at high speed. Raise the landing gear by pressing 'g' or button 08."

Piper Cub: "Landing gear down while travelling at high speed.

Hmm, and the piper cub has fixed landing gear?

I'd be a lot more concerned that Flight thought the Piper Cub was traveling at high speed.  :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Cessna 172: Left flaps only work. I believe the weight is tail heavy because the nose rises at 38 knots or so.

Airbus A321 (Just for fun): Nose wheel dug into surface of runway, Another nose wheel is an A321's length away from the A321. The aircraft drifts right on takeoff, must put left rudder. Flaps are invisible.

All Aircraft, including the Piper Cub: Aircraft registration blacked out.

Thanks.  I noticed on all multi engine aircraft that it appear as though only the first engine is working.  I'm not sure why this is and have tried to spend some time debugging.  I am worried it may be a bug in the Flight sim code since the multi-engine was never tested in the released updates.

Thanks.  I noticed on all multi engine aircraft that it appear as though only the first engine is working.  I'm not sure why this is and have tried to spend some time debugging.  I am worried it may be a bug in the Flight sim code since the multi-engine was never tested in the released updates.

But we know that the "whale" works, or is that different?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Oh, good point.  Maybe I need to look into what is different between the conversion aircraft, and that one.

stone if i was going to start working on plane just for flight what would it be diferent from working on a plane for fsx ??? 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

stone if i was going to start working on plane just for flight what would it be diferent from working on a plane for fsx ??? 

What plane? I'd be interested by anything! I wonder if a glider would work in Flight.

Any plane i was just wondering if there was any diference from what it takes to create a fsx aircraft but FLIGHT NATIVE instead .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.