Sign in to follow this  

Opus 3.4 and P3DV2 questions

This product has interested me for some time and I was reading about some of it's features and have a few questions for those experienced with the product:

1.  How well is it working with P3DV2?  (how does it avoid the known weather bugs in P3DV2, temperature issues, repeating stratus, etc.)

2.  Very interested in Live View and how it works on a separate PC - could I get details (what's required)?

3.  What VAS impact is there?

4.  What is the recommended cloud draw distance?

Thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob,

1. Its fully compatible with P3D v2 and does not suffer from any of the know P3D weather related bugs because OpusFSX does not inject the weather using the methods that cause those problems.

2. Best see the documentation about Live View, basically it allows you to offload scenic and external views onto a networked system.

3. None directly, OpusFSX is an external program and if you use the Recommended Practices and default parameters even the injected weather theme is restricted to make less demands on the simulators address space.

4. Depends on your type of flying. Low level I set mine (if I remember) to about 80 miles. For high level NGX flying I set mine to 100 miles. But anything from 60 to 80 miles for low level, and 80 to 100 miles for high level will be perfect. Mostly I forget and just leave mine set to 100 miles. I did fly with it set to 80 miles for a while but I prefer 100 miles.

Stephen

2. Best see the documentation about Live View, basically it allows you to offload scenic and external views onto a networked system.

Thanks for response Stephen ... I was trying to find documentation to live view (pre-sale) but I can't seem to find much, do you have link?

OpusFSX is an external program

Can OpusFSX run on a separate PC and still inject weather from that separate PC?  (WideFS or SimConnect?)

EDIT: Can weather be set as either static (global snapshot) or dynamic?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Cheers, Rob.

See our Getting Started Guide For Networked PCs, that will explain the Live View feature.

The FSXSERVER program must run on your main FSX or P3D computer system, it cannot do what it has to remotely via a network.

You can disable the LWE updates for local flying but this is not Recommended Practices. The LWE builds a weather map 800 x 800 miles in size and injects the central area into the sim (the amount depends on your settings but ranges from 160 miles in each direction up to 310 miles). But you had best read the Live Weather manual and you should appreciate some of the limitations in the sim. It cannot accurately maintain detailed weather for the entire globe, nor for an extended region. The sim has limitations.

Stephen

The FSXSERVER program must run on your main FSX or P3D computer system, it cannot do what it has to remotely via a network.

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate the response ... I'll do some more research.

The LWE has a great deal of real time monitoring to undertake supervising such things as the RW DHM. This monitoring and supervision is best performed in program and not remotely on a networked computer, but these functions do not impact on the simulator's performance or address space.

Stephen