Sign in to follow this  
machie

Trouble with the auto flight system

Hi All,---Happy New Year!

So here is the deal---I am going crazy because all of a sudden my T7 Auto flight system will not work correctly. I have about 1000 hours of T7 time (flight sim not RW) so I know a little bit about the system ( the CDU, FMC, MCP, and EFIS ) and how it works---I am not a big expert by any means--but I can get the plane from a to b most of the time.

My specific problem is that the system once engaged via the AP switch--will fly the plane up to about 3000 feet--accelerate to about 249 KTS and just mope along at that altitude and speed--it will not climb using flight level change or vertical nav, and if I try to climb using the VS it will climb a little and then begin to loose airspeed---no amount of throttle input will increase speed at this point.

I have reinstalled the entire sim and all my PMDG Products--what is the problem, I am stumped---HELP!!!!

Cheers

Dorn

Whats the outside air temperature when this happens? There are several pieces of software that can cause Flightsim to think the air temperature is in the +55°C range at all kinds of altitudes. FSinn is one of those, and it's weather system should be turned off as a result. Such high temperatures at high altitude increase "density altitude" to a point where a climb, even at full thrust, is impossible.

Other funny thoughts:
Check the outside view. How's your gear doing? Flaps? Spoilers?

I remember once doing a rushed departure to catch the tail end of a flyin once, and had difficulty reaching FL180 initial altitude. Reset my weather injector (ActiveSky 2012) and climbed through all kinds of options in FSinn...

gear was down. (and I had started to send a message on unicom starting with the letter "G")  :P

Thanks Hopskip,

It is a density altitude issue---I will do some work--maybe a complete rebuild from a clean disk!

You havnt mentioned what weather addon on your using, or other details about your pc   makes it hard  for other users to help you. So doing  a re install most likely isn't  going to solve your issue.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Instead of reinstalling, try

1: Disabling FSinn weather (If you use Fsinn)

1a: Disable the IVAO weather thing if you use that.

2: Refreshing the Weather injector (If using one, ie ActiveSky, REX, Opus etc)

2a: Closing the Weather injector and reopening it. Sometimes Simconnect "loses" the connection with the weather injector, and only closing the weather program and restarting it will fix this. (or closing the whole Flight Sim or rebooting, but start with the least disruptive option and work your way up slowly)

3: setting up some weather smoothing or limits in FSUICP

Reinstalling everything may just set up everything the way it already is. I know FSinn sets it's (buggy and wrong) weather injector on by default. Which means that after you reinstall, you will have to go back to number 1 on my list and start over.

The best idea is to start with  the least disruptive option and work your way up slowly.

Because if you did it the opposite way around, your first step would be to destroy the universe and start over again from scratch with nothing but hydrogen, eventually working your way through to "press the "Refresh" tab on your weather injection software".

HI All

Best New Year Wishes to All!

Thanks for the help--and the useful information about the weather software--BUT I have been Flight Simming since about 1983—In my opinion FSX is usually good for about a year before it needs a complete reinstall--that is if you are (as am I) a person constantly buying new Sim software and testing out new products.

The OLD FSX that we use is only the 32 bit frame—everything that we see ( Orbx scenery and terrain mesh and Mega Scenery 2.0 and Dream Team and Flight Beam and Majestic and PMDG aircraft, Weather Engines and Track IR and Virtual Airline ACARS and ETC ETC) represent the actual visible modern Sim World---hang too much on that Old 32 bit Frame and problems arise---for instance operate it in the world of Win 8 and you will have BIG issues with your sim--on this rebuild I am going to reinstall win 7 so that I can get rid of "joystick drop out" and poor performance of my Go Flight 737 flight instruments--and my rex/Vector issues and my PMDG CDU/MCP issues.

Sometimes a lot of little tweaks and patches in FSX work---sometimes they just cause problems down the line---build a new Flight Universe/Flight Sim world and carefully  test all the way up as you develop a “New and Robust Sim” is of course the most difficult, but often the BEST
OVERALL FIX.

Cheers

Dorn

PS

I did, of course,  refresh the Weather engines--no Joy there!