Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Mindstar GNS

Thanks. That's good news.

Interesting...I actually like the left - right arrows of the RXP-GNS.  Each to their own eh.

More to the point I just want to scroll using the mouse wheel to make the movement.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Mark ...

wonder if you could outline the steps necessary including entries to add to put the gauge into the c337 which i have ,,, 

Alan

Here is what I have:  Just the GNS 530

CARENADO C337     panel.cfg

[Window00]

size_mm=342,331

window_size=0.4

position=2

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=MPI_GNS!GNS530, 0, 0, 342, 331, 1:1:225

Dave

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Interesting...I actually like the left - right arrows of the RXP-GNS. Each to their own eh.

More to the point I just want to scroll using the mouse wheel to make the movement.

Scroll wheel works like a charm. That is what I use. When entering a flight plan waypoint, just scroll the inner knob until a letter appears in the first space, then just use your keyboard to enter the waypoint name. A nice little feature.

Todd

• Upvote 1

A nice little feature.

Talking about nice little features… can it load FSX/P3D flight plans…? 

Here is what I have:  Just the GNS 530

CARENADO C337     panel.cfg

[Window00]

size_mm=342,331

window_size=0.4

position=2

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

VISIBLE=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=MPI_GNS!GNS530, 0, 0, 342, 331, 1:1:225

Dave, Mark,

Thanks for sharing!

I copied this snipped into my C337's panel.cfg, but I now have the same problem that Mark first had: the buttons on the right side do not work.

What should I add/change that is not in that text snippet?

[EDIT]

Got it working, I forgot to remove the gauge01 that was 1 line lower.

However, the tooltip labels are still wrong. How is this with you guys?

After spending a little time with the Mindstar version, I am not very impressed.

The refresh rate of the display screen is 3 times slower than the stock unit- almost 3 seconds!

The NAV 2 screen does not show North UP. On the RXP unit I could use it as a map.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, but these problems appear in the FSX simulator as well.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I'm disappointed in the refresh rate as well.  I'm not seeing quite as bad as 3 seconds, but it's not nearly as fast as the RXP version.

-M.

I was looking forward to this release, so I could finally use a GNS in Prepar3D. I'm not sure why the RXP developer disappeared, but it's disappointing that such a brilliant and expensive addon (which I used a lot in FSX) is no longer being developed and supported. Judging by the feedback here, it seems the mindstar version isn't worth getting (yet).

I'd love for a company to come a long and develop a decent navigraph updatable version of this (I'd even be happy with something like the G1000 in the flight1 aircraft). I'm still surprised nobody has come along and done this.

With me the sim (P3Dv2) crashes when changing aircraft or exiting the sim, after using/loading an aircraft with the Minstar GNS.

Do you guys have the same problem and is there a solution?

With me the sim (P3Dv2) crashes when changing aircraft or exiting the sim, after using/loading an aircraft with the Minstar GNS.

Do you guys have the same problem and is there a solution?

Eric, same problem here!

With me the sim (P3Dv2) crashes when changing aircraft or exiting the sim, after using/loading an aircraft with the Mindstar GNS.

I got the following reply from Mindstar support about this:

Thanks for your email.  We know about this problem, we just don't have a solution for it yet.  In the interim, please be sure you launch P3D by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run As Administrator".  I don't know if that will completely eliminate the issue, but it might help.  We will continue to investigate why this is happening, though.   It happens to us

too.   With our avionics, you have to completely exit the sim in order to change aircraft.

I hope this is the right place to ask the question, but I want the new guage to be in a popup, whcih can be undocked to the second monitor, (which is big enough for me to see), and can be adjusted for size......I have the RXP now, and have this popup in many of the planes, will the install program simply replace the existing RXP with the new 530??........so I do not have to change any panel configurations or sizes??...........look terrific so far..B42L8

No our installer doesn't go through your panel.cfg files and replace RXP entries. That would be rather rude of us. :wink:

Changing the gauge requires you change the gauge file name and the gauge name... as well as adding additional information after the sizing... but you shouldn't need to change your sizing.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Bought for P3D and went in for the quarterly NavData as well--  I'm not disappointed-- it does a good job as a NAV device.  No, every single miscellaneous function is not modelled, but essentially every LNAV function is.  I liken it to the original RXP GNS, with the great benefit of a current database.

I have used on a few flights and shot a bunch of approaches, including misses, a couple of DP's and some enroute routing changes, and it functions pretty well. I have not ventured into panel integration yet, I just have it as a 2d popup-- that's how I like to interact with it anyway.

IMO, Reality XP set the bar pretty high by integrating the actual Garmin software into their gauge-- in fact I'd say they had an easier time than having to build it from scratch-- but I'd also venture to say that's also how they hanged themselves, as they could not support or update the internal workings of the GNS.

I hope Mindstar gets up a reasonable user base and can continue to support and update their GNS.  

Ed-- if we find any issues or discrepancies, how best to report them to you all?

Don