Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Mindstar GNS

Contact Mindstar Aviation via our support email at this time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Guys, 

hoping to get some help here :D I've recently switched to P3Dv2 for all my "smaller plane"-operations (for example the Real Air Duke and A2A C172) - I've purchased the Mindstar GNS some time ago, used it in FSX and everything worked fine, but whilst I was building my P3Dv2 up, I had to realise that the Mindstar GNS won't work as I wanted it to (unfortunately  <_< ).

With the GNS430 installed into the A2A C172, when pressing the Power-Button, it just makes the CDI-Switch changing from NAV to GPS and vice e versa. I've attached the relevant entries below, maybe someone is able to find my mistake ;)

[Window16]
window_pos=0.739583,0.000000
window_size=0.260417,0.194444
visible=0
ident=15431
nomenu=1
zorder=99

gauge00=MPI_GNS!GNS430,0,0,100,100, 1:1:15431

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=1
pixel_size=640,640
texture=$gps

gauge00=MPI_GNS!GNS430, 13,13,491,196, 1:1:-1

Your fifth parameters are incorrect. They can't both be 1:1:# values. One has to be 1:1:# and the other has to be 1:2:#.

In the fifth parameter the first value is the physical unit number... as in if your real aircraft has just one 430, then the first value is 1 for all 430's in your panel.cfg. The second value is the virtual gauge number. In other words, for each gauge entry in your panel.cfg this value has to increment. The third value is the window ident, except for the VC which is always -1.

I'm pretty certain we have a detailed explanation on the Mindstar Aviation website... might want to go read up. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I got the following reply from Mindstar support about this:

Thanks for your email.  We know about this problem, we just don't have a solution for it yet.  In the interim, please be sure you launch P3D by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run As Administrator".  I don't know if that will completely eliminate the issue, but it might help.  We will continue to investigate why this is happening, though.   It happens to us

too.   With our avionics, you have to completely exit the sim in order to change aircraft.

Just curious if this issue has been or will be resolved. I purchased the units last night and getting the CTD when changing aircraft! Inconvenient.

Just curious if this issue has been or will be resolved. I purchased the units last night and getting the CTD when changing aircraft! Inconvenient.

I agree, I am also disappointed about this issue. I recently asked again in email support (you can ask them as well, I assume it is no secret), and I got this reply:

No news, expect something from us towards the end of the summer regarding this.

I agree, I am also disappointed about this issue. I recently asked again in email support (you can ask them as well, I assume it is no secret), and I got this reply:

No news, expect something from us towards the end of the summer regarding this.

TRhat's rediculous/unacceptable. Though there are a few good things about the Mindstar GPS, I wouldnt recommend them to anyone because of this issue. Typical software and no recourse!

TRhat's rediculous/unacceptable. Though there are a few good things about the Mindstar GPS, I wouldnt recommend them to anyone because of this issue. Typical software and no recourse!

They said to expect something by the end of summer. What is so ridiculous about that?

it should work in the first place like now! A few weeks MAY be acceptable for me!!! If I sent a new piece of my equipment out the door and told a customer it would be fully functional in 4 months. I would be out of business and sued!! Why should the software industry be any different!!

May be more acceptable if it were made clear of the issues before purchasing such as future updates are., which is totally acceptable, but not defects!

Mr. Feldman... you've made your point, in fact you're now starting to rant. Constructive criticism... fine, ranting... not fine.

Mindstar Aviation produces training products, not entertainment products. Because of that, development time is quite different. We have to be very, very careful in what we do to our software so that it doesn't mess up anything for real world training.

The problem that is being experienced in the entertainment realm is something that literally won't happen in the training environment. We don't 'switch aircraft' in the middle of a training session. So, despite your opinions regarding functionality... it is indeed functioning.

Now, we've stated it's on our list to address. We've offered a tentative timeframe (most software companies don't offer even that) that we hope we can address this by.

I'm pretty certain whatever you sell doesn't come with a cost-free support process after the sale. That 430/530 software you purchased... it did. It also comes with updates, without additional cost. Your equipment... does it? Bet it doesn't.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Mindstar Aviation produces training products, not entertainment products. Because of that, development time is quite different.

????  A polished and finished product is neither a training product or an entertainment product.  Instead, it is a polished and finished product.  I am hinging my migration to P3D on successful fulfillment of a product that replicates the functionality of my RXP implementations in FSX. My purchase dollars are only pending at this point.

Will your EULA require multiple purchases of your product?  Will you provide significant integration into 3rd party aircraft?  Will you in the near term provide WAAS?

I am hopeful.  But as a paying consumer I am cautious, if not over-cautious.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

????  A polished and finished product is neither a training product or an entertainment product.  Instead, it is a polished and finished product.  I am hinging my migration to P3D on successful fulfillment of a product that replicates the functionality of my RXP implementations in FSX. My purchase dollars are only pending at this point.

Will your EULA require multiple purchases of your product?  Will you provide significant integration into 3rd party aircraft?  Will you in the near term provide WAAS?

I am hopeful.  But as a paying consumer I am cautious, if not over-cautious.

If you want RXP, purchase RXP. Simple as that.. we have never claimed to be RXP or the actual Garmin trainer.

Not sure what you mean by multiple purchases... our EULA covers all sim versions. Integration isn't something we do... literally. You want the 3D model to function... talk to the company that made the 3D model... only they can make it work. WAAS is currently being developed... it is literally in the development cycle at this time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Mindstar Aviation produces training products, not entertainment products. Because of that, development time is quite different. We have to be very, very careful in what we do to our software so that it doesn't mess up anything for real world training.

What bearing does that have on a faulty product? It's either faulty or it isnt. Pull it off the market, as we do with our products, until fault's are repaired! On the subject of support. I have asked for support via E-mail and havn't had a response in two days? Is that how one supports a "professional" product?

They said to expect something by the end of summer. What is so ridiculous about that?

Mindstar were aware of this problem on 13 January 2014 .

You guys need to understand for the 1000th time Mindstar is a commercial flight simulation company. Always has been. Always will be. Every last one of you are secondary to Redbird and others who pay literally thousands of dollars for Mindstar to do what they do.  So, support for those customers is a priority, which i hope any rational person would understand.  They are aware of the issues mentioned and said they will fix it, when time allows. These are not issue in the commercial simulators. If you don't like it, purchase RXP, get support from its absentee developer, and continue to use FSX until it dies. I doubt Mindstar would lose any sleep yanking their products off the entertainment market so they don't have to deal with all the BS on AVSIM. I will continue using it, personally, as it will continue to get better and better at no additional cost to me. And it works in P3Dv2.2.

• Upvote 1