Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Something interesting about GFWL?

In the world we live in, especially the US, if enough people are effected, somebody somewhere will be thinking "class action" not just for FLIGHT but for any games affected.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In the world we live in, especially the US, if enough people are effected, somebody somewhere will be thinking "class action" not just for FLIGHT but for any games affected.

I think so too...

I believe you answered your question in your previous paragraph.

If they are providing a piece of software, surely they need to provide support for it? Less people using it, less money spent on support...

I can't see how they would spend money to have the product sold on Steam. The client downloads and the microtransactions were handled by the Steam servers.

I can't see how they would spend money to have the product sold on Steam. The client downloads and the microtransactions were handled by the Steam servers.

It was for double DRM. GFWL and Steam.

Steam may handle the client, but Microsoft has to continue to support the GFWL portion of it (all the DLC, which must be downloaded through the GFWL client), in addition to any support requests about the game itself.

Steam does NOT provide support for any games in it's vast library, unless they are their own games (i.e. Team Fortress, Half-Life, etc.).

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

If you look in the GFWL logs (%localappdata%\Microsoft\GFWLive\Logs\GFWLClient01.log in particular), it lists the content URLs for the items you've downloaded.  Those CAB files can be made into .flightAddons, or can be extracted and installed manually.  If you save those CAB files, you should be set.

Thanks Orion.  I'll look into this as an option.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

One of the things I know happened is that the transition to local currency along with the (broken) XBOX dashboard update right on top of the forced Account info update left a gazillion people stranded with all sorts of problems with their accounts. It was a nightmare, and I suspect they finally threw up their hands and just decided to junk the whole pile of upchucked puppy food.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5