Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Dragoneye Hong Kong

Looks great. Anything that adds atmosphere to Hong Kong is worth buying.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hmmmm....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Looks good, but not worth €30 (to me), considering I fly into Hong Kong not very often.. But then again, if a good payware VHHH would release, maybe that would change..

Aamir Thacker

The FlyTampa version looks much better imho.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looks good, but not worth €30 (to me), considering I fly into Hong Kong not very often.. But then again, if a good payware VHHH would release, maybe that would change..

I was thinking the same thinking the same thing, a bit spendy for photo scenery and the screenshots I've seen didn't make me want to jump on it.  The bridge model looked nice so it can't just be all photo scenery but until I see some better screenshots or some glowing reviews I'm going to watch and wait.

RE Thomason Jr.

Hmmmm....

The FlyTampa version looks much better imho.

This release hasn't quite caught me so far, either.

I've combined FT's VHHX with Thai Creation's Macau airport and that improves the area for certain departures and approaches a lot.

The Fly Tampa version IS superb and combined with the payware VHHH and Macao scenery provides a great boost particularly to low level VFR flying in this area, which I personally love, knowing the area reasonably well. From what I can see from the screenshots and description, the Dragoneye product provides photoreal scenery for the many surrounding islands and they state that it is fully compatible with Fly Tampa Kai Tak. As you know the FT version provides excellent autogen scenery for both Kowloon and Hong Kong Island (although not covering the entire island - just the area adjacent to Hong Kong Harbour) and I am not sure from the screenshots whether Dragoneye provide additional autogen outside the FT area to enhance HK island and the surrounding island or whether it is just pure photoreal scenery, which in terms of low level VFR flying, never impressses me much as everything tends to look flat and unreal below about 2000-3000 feet. For the asking price however, it would need to be an absolutely outstanding addon in my opinion to justify spending that amount of money and I am not at all convinced that it is from the available information and screenshots. I for one will wait to see if anyone else takes the plunge here and perhaps provides some more screenshots.

Bill