Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Brake probem 777

Hi

I havent flewn the 777 in a while since I have been occupied with the 737:-)

However, a couple of nights ago I tried the 777 and as soon as I started my engines the plane started moving at a steady pace, about 5-10 kts...

If i pushed my brakes (Saitek pedals) the red "brake" text shoved up at the bottom of the screen but the plane didnt slow down...

The rudder worked just fine so its just the brakes that doesnt work.

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Niklas Eriksson

Hm that hasnt got anything to do with the brakes not being applied has it?

Niklas Eriksson

I tested it, when Autobrake is not set (=Off) the 777(F) the brake was applied very slow. 

Ok, just to make sure, the problems is when im at the ramp, immediately after pushback, when the parking brake is released the planes starts moving, no matter how much i press the brakes...

Niklas Eriksson

Make sure your engines are actually at idle, not above it.

Almost no matter what trust setting my brakes are supposed to be able to keep the plane at stand still right`?

and they were at idle...

Niklas Eriksson

No they are not. And were they definitely at idle? Did you make sure to press F1 and see the levers didn't move even a bit back?

Yea I am absolutely sure of this. However the problem is solved...

Sometimes you just hate these failures hahaha

I havent flown the 777 in months as I said and when I retried there was a brake failure so.... cleared the failures and Im back on track, I cant believe I didnt check this the first thing...

Thanks everybody!:)

Niklas Eriksson

I actually had this problem myself with the rudder pedals until I found out that when the parking brake is on and you disengage them using your rudder pedals it causes that brake glitch for me. So just in case I just leave the rudder pedals alone until I disengage the parking brake using Ctrl + . But, this might not be the problem for you. Anyways, hope you find a way to fix it!