Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Copilot X

I thought you guys may be interested in this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanevoice&hl=en

This is one of the best and useful apps for xplane I have come across, manipulating radios and switches by using voice recognition is one brilliant idea.

give it a try!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Only problem for this for me is that you have to use voice recognition. I often use the sim in the evening when my girlfriend or family are sleeping. It's a pity it doesnt allow control without voice. I find the dials and radios hard to tune in X-Plane and would love an app to simplify this

Only problem for this for me is that you have to use voice recognition. I often use the sim in the evening when my girlfriend or family are sleeping. It's a pity it doesnt allow control without voice. I find the dials and radios hard to tune in X-Plane and would love an app to simplify this

im honestly surprised no one has made an addon that could make it more simple to do this. im learning programming now but if i knew how to i would buy a device like the leap motion and you could use that to manipulate dials. i think it would give a cool look feeling to the sim

I'm having a blast with this app, it works very nicely. I did have to install a plug in for it to work 100%, but its just matter of dropping it in the plug-in folder.

Download the following

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Nice idea. Just wanted to buy it, but it came into my mind that I often hear webradio during flying, just as at the moment (yes, not very realistic, I know you can't hear webradio during a real flight :lol:), so ... uhmm ... should I?

On the other hand ... only 2.62 EUR ... why not having such a gadget?

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Nice idea. Just wanted to buy it, but it came into my mind that I often hear webradio during flying, just as at the moment (yes, not very realistic, I know you can't hear webradio during a real flight :lol:), so ... uhmm ... should I?

On the other hand ... only 2.62 EUR ... why not having such a gadget?

Well you could always use hands-free mic connected to you device and still listen to webradio on your headphones. Its as easy as assigning one of your joystick/yoke buttons to activate voice-recognition.

That's is how I've set it up and works fine. Setting it up is easy, took me a couple of minutes, its got a bunch of commands and you can virtually do anything and everything, from switching landing gear to stetting up radio frequencies, switching lights, ice, flaps, autopilot altitudes, headings...you name it.

I already bought it. On my tablet unfortunately it crashes every time I'm saying something with "flaps", thus I installed it on my mobile phone, there it doesn't crash. Still, the voice recognition is so-so - I have to speak slowly; or I have to practice more. And I have to turn the volume not only of the webradio, but also of the simulator down - or using headphones (as I indeed would do in a real plane as a pilot :wink:).

Nevertheless, I'll keep it as a gadget.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I already bought it. On my tablet unfortunately it crashes every time I'm saying something with "flaps", thus I installed it on my mobile phone, there it doesn't crash. Still, the voice recognition is so-so - I have to speak slowly; or I have to practice more. And I have to turn the volume not only of the webradio, but also of the simulator down - or using headphones (as I indeed would do in a real plane as a pilot :wink:).

Nevertheless, I'll keep it as a gadget.

Did you install the plugin in the xplane folder?...I had the same issue and was resolved by installing this:

and yes it does take some practice.

I tried it, sounded like it might be useful.... but too many issues. Maybe down the track it may be a little more refined (and useful)

It would be great if a voice recognition app could drive the ATC to make it more immersive and user friendly. Maybe 10.30?

Cheers

Bruce H

Did you install the plugin in the xplane folder?...I had the same issue and was resolved by installing this:

and yes it does take some practice.

Yes, of course I did. But I also read in the Google Play store that others have this issue too. Don”t know if they installed the plugin, though.

There is a very good addon that exists for FSX aircraft where you can give voice control orders to your virtual copilot, do the checklists, etc. : FS2Crew

Unfortunately, the developer is not willing to have at X-Plane X and to start working on addons for the 757 or the 777 for example.

But maybe if we all write a small request in his forum, he will change his mind ?

Go and look at the fs2crew's forum here on avsim, in the commercial products part.

Stephane

vpa055.png

Another good app (for iOS only at present) is airtrack http://www.ipobjects.com/airtrack. It not only lets you control almost everything in the aircraft (including the autopilot), it also gives you a fully functional FMS with a moving map, SIDs, STARs, etc.. Unfortunately I don't know when/if the developer will do an Android version, and since I no longer use Apple products after iOS 7 (The iOS 7 upgrade, which can't be downgraded made my iPad slow and really buggy), I'm stuck without it. 

im honestly surprised no one has made an addon that could make it more simple to do this. im learning programming now but if i knew how to i would buy a device like the leap motion and you could use that to manipulate dials. i think it would give a cool look feeling to the sim

I'm a programmer and have actually looked at doing this, I made a simple moving map and it was incredibly easy to get and set information from X-Plane. It was on Mac OS and iOS though and I haven't yet looked at using the SDK for Android, but I'm actually consider doing so and might give it a try when I get some free time.

Hello all... I am the author of Copilot X. I just wanted to announce that version 2.0 is now available. This release adds a few convenience features, but the core is a major rewrite that adds support for user-defined command sets. This means, for example, that you can now tweak the commands to work around things that Google has a hard time recognizing, or to suit your personal preference.  Please contact me if you have any questions... happy flying!