Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

I can't fly my Q400

What I did was turning the propwash off (in the Q400 ini file) for the time being.

Well Rene, that seems to have cured my problem... many thanks for your help. Thanks to everyone else too for your advice, appreciated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Gavin, if you have autosave ticked in FSUIPC, that will cause the pausing you are talking about :wink:

Cheers Howard that sorted it a treat!

Gavin Price

Cheers Howard that sorted it a treat!

:smile: :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

But, the propwash effects are what make this aircraft so much more plausible / unique  to fly in FSX .... :(

There is still, IMO, way too much rolling moment due to prop effects, but the yaw is perfect, and the fact that roll spoilers are used for turns makes it even more realistic when you're in a turn, not requiring that much rudder input to stay coordinated.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

But, the propwash effects are what make this aircraft so much more plausible / unique  to fly in FSX .... :(

There is still, IMO, way too much rolling moment due to prop effects

That's the issue which I find spoils my flights in this bird... it may be trying to simulate the real Q400, but for me, it seems to be overdone somehow.

Howard

Well Rene, that seems to have cured my problem... many thanks for your help. Thanks to everyone else too for your advice, appreciated.

Howard  tried  looking for the prop wash to turn off to see if it makes any difference,  but  cant seem to find it  any where probably  why its not effecting me lol,  what section is it under I looked under  the ini file  and the cfg  file  in the q400 but  didn't  see it.  Maybe I need to use glasses

Think I found  is it called Yaw_Due_to_propwash  and I take it  you change the 1  to a 0

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Howard  tried  looking for the prop wash to turn off to see if it makes any difference,  but  cant seem to find it  any where probably  why its not effecting me lol,  what section is it under I looked under  the ini file  and the cfg  file  in the q400 but  didn't  see it.  Maybe I need to use glasses

Think I found  is it called Yaw_Due_to_propwash  and I take it  you change the 1  to a 0

Hi Pete, sure, I can't remember exactly, only that it was in the ini file, but as you say, it was under something like Yaw_Due_to_propwash. Let us know if that works...

Howard

Hi Rockliffe,

May I ask which version of the Q400 are you using? A few people have complained about the sensitivity of the Q400 v1.008. Majestic implemented a patch for turbulence in this version, thus the increased sensitivity. They have since released a hotfix for this issue. There is an option in the new .ini file to adjust the turbulence effects. I hope this sheds some light on your issues.

Cheers, Craig.

ps, I am not associated with Majestic.

Hi Rockliffe,

May I ask which version of the Q400 are you using? A few people have complained about the sensitivity of the Q400 v1.008. Majestic implemented a patch for turbulence in this version, thus the increased sensitivity. They have since released a hotfix for this issue. There is an option in the new .ini file to adjust the turbulence effects. I hope this sheds some light on your issues.

Cheers, Craig.

ps, I am not associated with Majestic.

Hi, sure, it's the latest release that's supposed to include turbulence effects, but I haven't experienced any! I'll check out the ini file and see if I can adjust things, 'cos even though the prop wash effect has gone, I don't know, it just feels 'unattached' somehow to the air. That probably doesn't make sense, but it's the best way I can describe things. It feels like I'm trying to fly a big bed mattress around the sky!!!

Howard

Howard its strange that your not getting the turbulence effect, only thin I can think of is the weather engine your using?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Howard its strange that your not getting the turbulence effect, only thin I can think of is the weather engine your using?

Hi Pete, sure, well it's established, at least for it's users, that turbulence is not possible when using Opus weather, unless you use their own camera settings, which I don't, as I like my Ezdok. I must admit, I can't remember whether I was using Opus or not. I did think I was using a weather theme with turbulence turned on. I will do some further testing and report back...

BTW, where on the planet are customers supposed to find this Hotfix 008.01?    OK, found it on the JF site! Sheesh... now it won't download :wacko:

Howard

Ah  Howard that explains it  iam using  asn  and getting plenty of  turbulance

Peter kelberg

Hi Rockliffe,

For the turbulence effects to work, you may have to re-enable the prop_wash effect. With the 8.1 hotfix adjust the turbulence variable. I use 50% and the Q400 responds nicely. Still get some roll, but, it is very manageable.

I do get turbulence acting on the aircraft now. WOW, is all I can say about that. Reminds me of the Majestic Q300.

Craig

Hi Rockliffe,

For the turbulence effects to work, you may have to re-enable the prop_wash effect. With the 8.1 hotfix adjust the turbulence variable. I use 50% and the Q400 responds nicely. Still get some roll, but, it is very manageable.

I do get turbulence acting on the aircraft now. WOW, is all I can say about that. Reminds me of the Majestic Q300.

Craig

Thanks Craig. At the moment I've been unable to download the fix from any site. I will try again tomorrow, cheers.

Howard

OK, I've downloaded the 08.01 fix, but for some reason the [Flight controls] section hasn't appeared in the cfg file! Any ideas fellas?

Howard