Sign in to follow this  
Frazzetta

UT2 and FSX ATC AI "expedite climb"

Have only had Ultimate Traffic 2 installed for 2-3 days, but I'm noticing a substantial increase in the number of "please expedite climb" requests from the FSX ATC to respective AI planes.  When you have 3 or 4 smaller GA planes getting hammered by the ATC to climb faster every 2 minutes, it gets old fast and makes the default ATC more annoying than usual. 

I have RC4.3 which I use as my primary ATC, but I do like to have the FSX ATC running at low volume in the background - I find it provides plenty of background chatter and I use it for progressive taxi and ground ops (especially on arrival...the Radar Contact "Taxi to the ramp" is woefully inadequate). 

I know the most obvious solution is to lower the ATC volume to "0" once I'm in the air, but messing around with the settings menu resets all of the AI traffic in UT2, so I'd rather not if I can avoid it. 

Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts on a solution?

I have always assumed (and to a degree, verified) that UT2 assigns altitudes that are too high for some GA aircraft. I believe I recall hearing Beech 350 expedite your climb to FL450 (or something like that).

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I turned off GA in UT2. I know it's not realistic but it certainly has made flights go much smoother. 

I did that a while ago as well. My biggest complaint was seeing too many GA aircraft at major airports but your issue is valid as well.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have always assumed (and to a degree, verified) that UT2 assigns altitudes that are too high for some GA aircraft. I believe I recall hearing Beech 350 expedite your climb to FL450 (or something like that).

Wow really?!  I didn't hear anything quite that ridiculous (that I can recall anyway).  Most of the offending ATC calls I remember were commanding 9000 feet or so.  Good to know this is a "known" issue though...perhaps that increases the odds it'll get fixed one day.

I turned off GA in UT2. I know it's not realistic but it certainly has made flights go much smoother. 

Maybe I'll shut off GA as well.  Shame though as I'm grinding it out using Air Hauler right now and most of my flights (at this stage in my "Air Hauler" career anyway) are to and from very small airports and airfields, so GA is the only traffic I see on a regular basis.

Wow really?!  I didn't hear anything quite that ridiculous (that I can recall anyway).  Most of the offending ATC calls I remember were commanding 9000 feet or so.  Good to know this is a "known" issue though...perhaps that increases the odds it'll get fixed one day.

Maybe I'll shut off GA as well.  Shame though as I'm grinding it out using Air Hauler right now and most of my flights (at this stage in my "Air Hauler" career anyway) are to and from very small airports and airfields, so GA is the only traffic I see on a regular basis.

FL450 may be a bit of an exaggeration. I think the highest alt is FL370 in UT2.

I run UT2 with 100% commercial traffic, 50% GA traffic.  I just cannot bring myself to sterilize the sky and ramp of GA.  I do agree that UT2 often assigns GA traffic at too high of an altitude.  Although the Cessna 172 and Piper PA-28 can fly at 12,000 ft., why would one do that over south Florida and the Bahamas?  But UT2 will direct them to those lofty altitudes.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I would run GA as well if I had better control over the airports in use. I should not be sitting in a line of C172's at ATL.

I eliminated the "Expedite climb" message by assigning higher performance  aircraft to all the Daily Schedule aircraft categories except for "Trainer Prop" category. Mind you its a little unsettling cruising at 37K in a tubeliner  and see a King Air 200 wiz past you, however I haven't heard a "Expedite Climb" message for years.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.