Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Proud new owner Question...?

Do I need to turn Crash Detection off in FSX with this bird?

I noticed that may times upon loading to a new AP the AC is belly down on the runway several feet below the ground and a reset at current AP is needed to pop it back up to where it should be resting on its gears!

Chris Camp

No you don't need to, but if you want  to crash into invisible objects  and ruin your flight  than keep it  turned on

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I tend to keep it turned off as I fly on VATSIM and there are plenty of morons who will taxi out in front of you or into your side without looking. Doesn't make that much of a difference so just leave it off I guess..

Aamir Thacker

I'd recommend leaving it off - FSX's "crash" stuff isn't very realistic and we don't develop for that feature in any way.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I tend to keep it turned off as I fly on VATSIM and there are plenty of morons who will taxi out in front of you or into your side without looking. Doesn't make that much of a difference so just leave it off I guess..

Exactly. That's the no.1 reason to just leave it off.. and also the FSX crash detection is actually sort of crappy.

Exactly. That's the no.1 reason to just leave it off.. and also the FSX crash detection is actually sort of crappy.

Yeah, I know! I fly with this maniac who's always in a BA livery. Yeeeeeeesh, I tell you, this guy  :lol:

Aamir Thacker

If I turn it off does it mess with the AC Damage models?

I.E. if I land too hard can I still crumple the landing gear etc...?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

If I turn it off does it mess with the AC Damage models?

I.E. if I land too hard can I still crumple the landing gear etc...?

Thanks!

Just keep it off, no good reason to have it on anyways. In some addon planes that can water land, having crash detection will detect a water landing as a crash. Same with addon planes that can do belly landings, it will detect it as a crash.