Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Where to layer Vector with UTX in Scenery Library?

If I want to keep UTX USA and Europe active in those regions where would I need to place Vector in the scenery library for the rest of the world?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Vector is layered properly when installed.  The handbooks warns you against moving it.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Vector is layered properly when installed.  The handbooks warns you against moving it.

Noel

That may be true but the question is still on the table.  I have been wondering if it would be possible to keep UTX active and not be over ridden by Vector as well.  The manual would of course advise this because they want their product to work as they intended but nevertheless it may be possible to locate Vector in immediate priority lower than UTX and get results which would allow both to work in conjunction with each other.

My UTX layers are located at the lowest priority in my scenery library, which usually means that more regional and local scenery if installed above or higher priority will then over ride the UTX.

I don't know where Vector installs to, as I don't have it.

So if someone could advise where Vector is installed to in priority that might help.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

From what I read in the Flight 1 forum, you cannot use FTXGV with UTX.  The products are so near to doing the same thing, that they are not compatible.

FTXGV doesn't have any user settings, so it's either all or nothing.

I'm keeping my UTX.

If the products are made with some degree of compliance with the SDK, then layering should apply as for priority and display.. Layering is best thought of like a multi-tiered cake, where the smaller pieces are placed on top of the larger pieces. Since UTX works for a region and not the entire planet, it should be thought of a the smaller piece and show above the planet-wide add on in the Scenery Library.

Now if an add on starts deviating away from the framework of the SDKs, then all bets are off. UTX is built upon the framework of the SDKs, IMO.

From what I read in the Flight 1 forum, you cannot use FTXGV with UTX.  The products are so near to doing the same thing, that they are not compatible.

...and what about UTX landclass?

Certainly vector is vector in both programes, but FTXV doesn't offer landclass like UTX does.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

I'm using Vector with all of the UTX regions installed. A lot of exploring left to do but so far no problems. Vector entries are below all UTX.

I'm using Vector with all of the UTX regions installed. A lot of exploring left to do but so far no problems. Vector entries are below all UTX.

Thanks for reporting.  It seems to make sense, UTX in a higher position, lower scenery number, would override Vector for those regions of UTX that a user has installed.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Agreed as long as Vector doesn't mess or alter the SDK?

Chris Camp