Sign in to follow this  
Tonnage

FMC getting Invalid Entry for RTE

Hi guys,

I just started using the PMDG 777-200LR/F, and I went through the tutorial and it works fantastic. Absolutely love it. However, now I'm trying my hand at a route of my own. So I'm going from OMDB-VABB, I went to RouteFinder and they gave me the following route:

OMDB SID RIKET M428 GOMTA UM428 TARBO M428 MUNGA A777 VAXIM L301 NOBAT L505 BIDIX M638 EXOLU DCT VABB

So I'm entering this information into the FMC RTE (VIA/TO) page, and when I get to UM428 - TARBO, I get INVALID ENTRY at UM428, and everything after is invalid also. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way for me to validate these waypoints? 

Any support is appreciated

Thanks,

Arnab

Generally means that what you're trying to enter doesn't exist in the navdata cycle that's in the FMC. If the route or the navdata is newer/older than the other that could explain it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Is there a way to update the FMC? Or a way to find routes that the FMC will understand? I've tried different routes through vroute, and got the same message. 

Also, have you heard of this FSX PlanToRoute utility? Does it work? Is it worth using? It would be a dream to use the PMDG aircrafts with this feature to make it a little easier.

If you use Routefinder or other online platforms. you can set the Cycle which it should build the route in. simply set it the same as your Cycle.

Or update it via Navigraph, costs a few bucks per cycle. Nothing expensive