Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Metric vs Imperial....

I'm going to ask Austin to include an option to set all aircraft weights lenghts, etc... using the Metric system as an option.

Everytime I want to fill my aircraft using the built in Aircraft Fuel & Loading menu, I have to convert my KGs to LBs, and .... that's sometimes a mess... :-/

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I know John, but it's just to turn the sim into a more general platform.

I even think every simulator should allow for speed and distance, or at least altitude system choice. 

In gliders we use mostly the metric system, including  meter or km alt, m/s VS, km/hr speed... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I like that idea. A "hybrid" option like FSX has would be nice too. Where weight and barometric pressure are metric, while airspeed and altitude are imperial

Austin just emailled me and said he will try to add this already for 10.30 too!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Austin just emailled me and said he will try to add this already for 10.30 too!!!

Do you have any details on 10.30 ? ETA, Features, Bug Fixes, etc... Sounds like 10.30 is going be huge ! I would love to see that new GPS and the Torque bug fix !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

The GPS and the tuning of the prop aircraft dynamics is still on the list of included fixes, as well as most probably a rewriten icing accumulation algorithm, now this metric / imperial option, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

The GPS and the tuning of the prop aircraft dynamics is still on the list of included fixes, as well as most probably a rewriten icing accumulation algorithm, now this metric / imperial option, etc...

The list for 10.30 ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Was this ever implemented? I can't find an option to get the weights and fuel page in kg instead of lbs. Using the latest version of X-plane.