Sign in to follow this  
brian747

Mousewheel click with right arrow = spoilers up?

Hi!

I have just noticed this happening. I use EZCA, which makes it possible to move the viewpoint right and left by holding down the mousewheel and pressing the right and left arrow keys. However wheelclick+right arrow now raises the 777 spoilers, whilst wheelclick +left arrow lowers them. But when I return to the cockpit I then find that the AP has disconnected and the control wheel is turned fully left or right. This is far from helpful in flight......

I have disabled EZCA: that stops the viewpoint movement, obviously, but the spoiler and AP disconnect etc still occurs with that key combination, so it can't be EZCA.

All controllers are disabled within fsx, so this isn't coming from fsx keys, either.

The only changes in my installation recently have been the additions of Orbx Vector, and ASN (on a networked machine).

This is a brand new one on me — has anyone else experienced anything like this?    :huh:

With thanks for any suggestions,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

I'n not sure how or why you would you be using EZCA like that with the middle mouse button, surely its easier to use it the way the majority do and move your mouse around when holding the mouse wheel button in, it simply replicates the same process and holding the spacebar down and moving the mouse i.e. mouse look.

As for your other issue, I'd say you have some software included with your mouse that lets you do exotic things like this and you forgot about them. If you have a Steelseries mouse I wouldn't surprised if you were having problems, their software programmers should be up in front of the Hague for crimes against humanity :)

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy!

And a Happy New Year!    ^_^

> "...not sure how or why you would you be using EZCA like that..."

Because that key combination moves the viewpoint, not the direction of view.    :wink:

> "...I'd say you have some software included with your mouse that lets you do exotic things..."

Nothing exotic here, I assure you. :rolleyes:  It's a very standard Logitech mouse. (Although why a mouse command should affect the spoilers, as well as disconnecting the A/P and turning the control wheel, I find hard to imagine. But hey....).

This is driving me nuts. 

Many thanks for your suggestions,    :smile:

Cheers,

Brian

Sorry Brian I misunderstood the first part because I don't need to hold the mouse wheel button in to do that, I just turn on the option POV (on a per camera basis) which allows the arrow keys to move that camera's viewpoint at any time you are in that view.

My Logitech Performance MX mouse comes with software that allows me to assign all sorts of things to the button presses on the mouse, even key assignments if I want, hence why I brought it up.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy!

Absolutely zero apologies needed, my friend: I'm incredibly grateful for your reply!    ^_^

Understood about the POV, but I guess I've just got into the habit of doing it with the mousewheel-and-right arrow combination. Maybe I'd better convert to your method (and soon, before I lose what little reason I have left)!

My Logitech mouse is a very bog-standard affair, and I don't use any of the fancy options with the driver software.

Ah, the happy hours we spend in pursuit of this "hobby"......     :blink:

Thanks again,

Brian