Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I just killed a joystick, BUT!

I've seen plastic wire ties as a method of shortening the springs. Just compress a few, and cinch it up.

In my case ? I do not recommend ... Using brute force :-/.... My hand still hurts .... :-)

D'oh! :O

I've seen plastic wire ties as a method of shortening the springs. Just compress a few, and cinch it up.

You know, I thought of trying that; seems like it might work, maybe cinching up two coils...hm...

Well, I got my wire snips out and was about to "do the deed" when it occurred to me that I'd seen some narrow, 3" zip-ties on the patio. I got 3 of 'em and cinched up 2 springs in three places. Hot DOWG! With the exception of that squirrely (and no longer used) z-axis, my Cyborg-X feels like a new joystick! Man, it's smoooooth! No more jerky movements to compensate for the high spring tension, no more pushing forward and having the tail of the stick lift. Looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight, folks--I'm gonna be flying, man!

Sheez Louise, why didn't I do this sooner, duuuhhhhh...!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! :yahoo:

APUtech

Larry!  You Zipped his Cyborg, and I should have Zipped mine :-(

Next time I will not forget!!!

:biggrin:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guest Mik75

That means, when the axis currently assigned to my yoke and a few Buttons on the throttle set up for gear, flaps, etc., I can simply unplug the yoke, plug the stick in, assign everything as needed and then I am able to switch between these both as needed and all the settings are rembered?

Guest Mik75

Sorry for asking again, but am I correct with my assumption written above? Will it work that way? Thanks in advance foryour help!

Hmmmm, I don't think you can do this unless you use the plugin mentioned by uwespeed... ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That means, when the axis currently assigned to my yoke and a few Buttons on the throttle set up for gear, flaps, etc., I can simply unplug the yoke, plug the stick in, assign everything as needed and then I am able to switch between these both as needed and all the settings are rembered?

I don't think it will work THIS way (unplugging the one and plugging in the other into the same USB port). But why not trying yourself? :lol:

You have to plug in both (or even more) controllers each into a separate USB port - at least that's the way I have done it.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Guest Mik75
I don't think it will work THIS way (unplugging the one and plugging in the other into the same USB port). But why not trying yourself? :lol:

You have to plug in both (or even more) controllers each into a separate USB port - at least that's the way I have done it.

Ah, ok! I'll try it later with both controllers being connected. And XPX will allow me to assign, let's say the aileron axis, to both controllers?

And XPX will allow me to assign, let's say the aileron axis, to both controllers?

No, not at the same time, but even better. Read below ...

You can't have e.g. roll assigned to the yoke and to the joystick at the same time. But that's where X-Assign jumps in. You can save up to 3 global settings and up to 3 settings per aircraft (actually 1 setting per aircraft is just fine for me, but you never know what others want :P)

I did it this way:

1st global setting for planes with yokes (roll and pitch axis on the yoke, pedals for yaw, throttle by forward movement of the appropriate axis, ...)

2nd global setting for planes with sticks (roll and pitch axis on the stick, pedals for yaw, throttle by forward movement of the appropriate axis, ...)

3rd global setting helos (roll and pitch axis on the stick, pedals for yaw, collective for "throttle" reversed compared to planes, ....)

Then saving e.g. the 3rd global setting for every helo ONCE as set 1 for this helo, 1st global setting for each plane with yoke ONCE as set 1 for this plane etc.

But X-Assign doesn't save only the axis but also the buttons, field of view, .... I.e. you can e.g. save the 1st global setting for each plane with yoke ONCE (and if you like) alter some buttons, field of view, ... save it again ONCE as set 1 for this particular aircraft so that every aircraft has its individual assignment.

Hope this helps ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Guest Mik75
No, not at the same time, but even better. Read below ...

I.e. you can't have e.g. roll assigned to the yoke and to the joystick at the same time. But that's where X-Assign jumps in. You can save up to 3 global settings and up to 3 settings per aircraft (actually 1 setting per aircraft is just fine for me, but you never know what others want :P)

I did it this way:

1st global setting for planes with yokes (roll and pitch axis on the yoke, pedals for yaw, throttle by forward movement of the appropriate axis)

2nd global setting for planes with sticks (roll and pitch axis on the stick, pedals for yaw, throttle by forward movement of the appropriate axis)

3rd global setting helos (roll and pitch axis on the stick, pedals for yaw, collective for "throttle" reversed compared to planes)

Then saving e.g. the 3rd global setting for every helo ONCE as set 1 for this helo, 1st global setting for each plane with yoke ONCE as set 1 for this plane etc.

But X-Assign doesn't save only the axis but also the buttons, field of view, .... I.e. you can e.g. save the 1st global setting for each plane with yoke ONCE (and if you like) alter some buttons, field of view, ... so that every aircraft has its individual assignment.

Hope this helps ...

Fantastic! Thanks a lot! So I'll get myself X-Assign and set up two global profiles, one for stick planes, one for yoke planes.