Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Only this far

I had to reinstall RC after getting a new motherboard and reinstalling Windows 7 64 bit(previously 32bit)

I got the license key and activated the software.

I fired up fs9, created a flightplan and was placed at the departure airport.

I opened up RC, chose the flight and hit Start.

The RC adv window showed up ok.

I hit the 2 button for wx, but get the atis scrolling message- no voice.

I tried the clearance button- no response.

What's wrong?

Misgav

Most likely, I think, is that you have forgotten to reset your FSX settings to cancel ATC voices and messages.

Also did you remember to actually check what keys are set in RC? Perhaps previously set ones are not what are set now.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I repeated the same sequence as in my first post.

The fs9 default atc was turned to zero.

The key commands in RC remained untouched.

Then an RC window opened and announced a Run-time error 75

Misgav

Runtime error 75 is normally the result of forgetting to run RC4 as Administrator.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Also, please see the pinned topic on error 75 regarding antivirus software. Insure that RCv4.exe is allowed as a safe app through these protection systems.

To run RC at a program level as administrator in win 7 do the following:

Create a shortcut to RCv4.exe. Right click on that and select Properties. Ignore this first choice of run as admin but click on Advanced. Her make sure the Run as Admin box has a check. OK out of this dialog, click apply, and then OK to get out of the properties dialog.

Confusingly. Win 7 has separate properties of  user account security level and program security level both labeled run as administrator.

See if setting those helps.

Since you have a new install you may need to update fsuipc4 both full and interim versions from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Update makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and then rerun the RC scenery rebuild.

I ran RC as system admin and this time it worked correctly.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the speech is somewhat broken.
I clicked the ABOUT button, and it says it's version 4.3.3845, and below that it's v4.2.

In the voices section the number of pilots\controllers is only half of what it was when I last used RC (before the pc upgrade)

I remember there was an update after RC4 was released that added many voices and smoothed out the speech.

So should I update or am I OK so far?

And if so, where can I get it?

Misgav

4.3845 is the latest build. You are OK.

post-102410-0-77430700-1388963609.jpg

The delivered set of voices is:

post-102410-0-92310500-1388963875.jpg

post-102410-0-12689600-1388963901.jpg

plus random chatter voices.

Some users have installed the "meatwater" RC voice set. Search here in AVSIM and exactly follow his instructions for backups.

If voices are choppy, be sure all voice sliders are to the left as illustrated. Also, in RC general options, Display Text should be unchecked for best performance. Any other choppiness may be due to your pc audio hardware setup and general performance.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, those "Meatwater" voices. Are they meant to be a complete replacement to the RC voice set?

Misgav

He only supplied a limited number of voice sets to my knowledge. That is why following his instructions are critical. I think the download is ten separate files.

mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip here in FS9 miscellaneous is part 1 of 10 as reuploaded after the AVSIM library crash.

According to the readme in the first part he remastered three pilot voices and many ATC voices. All ten parts must be installed and you must backup somewhere the entire winwood folder found under your rcv4 or rcv4x folder to avoid a reinstall should something go wrong.

He states over 80,000 files are used.

Use the zipdive utility in the library here to read the readme file.