Sign in to follow this  
gonvise

DX10 and SweetFX

Hello...

Since I bought the Scenery Fixer, I'm rediscovering FSX, so primarily, thanks!!!!! ;-)

Now the question. After using ENB series and FXAA last years, SweetFx has become in a more stable tool than the other two, and especially, works in DX10. I've been a fan of test configurations in FSX, bout now, I have a children and I have no time, I want to fly and fly ;-). The problem is that all the best Sweetfx-FSX settings that I find are for DX9. 

Please, can you share your best sweetfx settings exclusively for DX10???

Thanks!

Thank you both!... the preset is a very good starter point, and the thread has helped a lot.

SteveFX, why a master like you don't use sweetFX? I think is a perfect companion for DX10 ;-)

Thanks!

Thank you both!... the preset is a very good starter point, and the thread has helped a lot.

SteveFX, why a master like you don't use sweetFX? I think is a perfect companion for DX10 ;-)

Thanks!

Let us know the performance and the visuals , better if you could post some snappies

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Performance is 0 fps loss, with bloom, lift gamma gain, vibrance and curves activated. I started testing the dx10 preset, but now I'm tweaking from the default preset.

kindly post some snaps of the DX10 with SweetFX DX10 preset. Would like to see how it looks.

BTW could you help me out ? I am reinstalling the Shader patch and wondering how to get FXAA and Sweetfx to work without touch the AA on the card but surprisingly it has not been working, I am using a HD 7750 with radeonpro.

Thanks.

kindly post some snaps of the DX10 with SweetFX DX10 preset. Would like to see how it looks.

BTW could you help me out ? I am reinstalling the Shader patch and wondering how to get FXAA and Sweetfx to work without touch the AA on the card but surprisingly it has not been working, I am using a HD 7750 with radeonpro.

Thanks.

Hello... I'm testing and modifying values from DX10 preset, since I don't like this preset without modificactions.

1. It has SMAA activated to avoid "too dark" sweetFX in DX10, resulting in a very poor AA, but exists a workaround to fix this and to have SMAA=0.

2. It produces a dark day with a bluish environment... I'm looking for a natural light environment.

... but perhaps this preset works like a charm in the system of the creator, it depends heavily of all environment and textures used by a specific user.

When I'm happy with the results, I will put some snaps ;-)

Hello... I'm testing and modifying values from DX10 preset, since I don't like this preset without modificactions.

1. It has SMAA activated to avoid "too dark" sweetFX in DX10, resulting in a very poor AA, but exists a workaround to fix this and to have SMAA=0.

2. It produces a dark day with a bluish environment... I'm looking for a natural light environment.

... but perhaps this preset works like a charm in the system of the creator, it depends heavily of all environment and textures used by a specific user.

When I'm happy with the results, I will put some snaps ;-)

yeah do that

OP, glad you found my critical thread. Read it thoroughly and start your tweaking from the latest figures / preset I posted. Do not use the ones in the first post. Since the forum has a time limit on post editing, I couldn't update that thread with the correct info right at the first post. It is then important to read it entirely, trying the best offer and then deciding whether you want to further-tweak it or not. If you're using accurate texture sets such as Rex OD or Rex 4, take into account, you won't be getting the colors advertised, as you're adding/lowering contrast. My recommendation is installing the preset, without further tweaking. The preset also includes luma sharpening @ 0.55 which is a great, subtle, yet noticeable figure.  B)

Here's the latest preset: https://www.mediafire.com/?rhr5bi5kloxyhcw

OP, glad you found my critical thread. Read it thoroughly and start your tweaking from the latest figures / preset I posted. Do not use the ones in the first post. Since the forum has a time limit on post editing, I couldn't update that thread with the correct info right at the first post. It is then important to read it entirely, trying the best offer and then deciding whether you want to further-tweak it or not. If you're using accurate texture sets such as Rex OD or Rex 4, take into account, you won't be getting the colors advertised, as you're adding/lowering contrast. My recommendation is installing the preset, without further tweaking. The preset also includes luma sharpening @ 0.55 which is a great, subtle, yet noticeable figure.  B)

Here's the latest preset: https://www.mediafire.com/?rhr5bi5kloxyhcw

Hello adi... the preset I was talking about is this http://sfx.thelazy.n...es/preset/1089/ , not yours  B) ... but, of course, I read your fix for dx10 + sfx SSMA disable problem in your post, thanks!!!!

I will test your preset, thanks!!!

Also could you provide your DX10 settings ? like AA and stuff. 

And do not forget to post screenies.

Wow... After seeing the screenshots in the link mentioned above... Guess what's my new addon :)

I will also try to find some sweet spot settings for my config and share with ya

Op - thanks for posting! :)

Adi if you want to post a summary in this forum, i can pin it and even edit it as i have moderator rights here.

Thanks Steve.

I also want to take the chance and clarify that SFX working under DX10 has nothing related to the fixer. I already project people starting to confuse the two, so there you go. It is NOT related to each other.

I'd also like to say that my dx10 preset can also be used with dx9. In fact, I was using SMAA in dx9 like many others before realizing the best AA settings are MSAA + SGSS, therefore even in dx9, I/we overrode it unnecessarily with SMAA. In dx9 however, I'm not sure the 'dark' scene issue exists, meaning LIFT GAMMA might be not needed when using dx9. That leaves LUMA SHARPEN and things like contrast, which I think are necessary for dx9's pale colors.