Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I'm in Heaven! SimHeaven!

Ok,

have a lot more od disk space today  :rolleyes: ( don't even elaobare on why... ) so, I have started installing the many photo sceneries from SimHeaven.

Next will be the V2 Photo scenery Mesh and the recently released patch for it.

I really love photo scenery, and comparing to FSX with FTX Global and now what I guess is Vector, really makes me think how we X-Plane 10 users really benefit from a community of freeware developers like those who have been giving us all of this great add-ons!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

While I haven't added any of simheavens work yet, I have seem many pictures. And it is simply amazing work!!

Ok ... then hurry up and get it. And if you like it, don't forget to donate.

It's a nice and helpful guy over at simheaven (lives only 20 km's away from me and I had a great - real - flight with him last fall).

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Ok ... then hurry up and get it. And if you like it, don't forget to donate.

You're very right about this uwespeed !  I will donat soon, because I have payed $90 Canadian  for FTX Global, and it doesn't come even close to the joy IU get from his work!

The same applying to the work of Andras ( aka AlpilotX ) and many others like the team at XPFR, etc....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

+1 to this. I can't believe he is offering the downloads for free and others are charging large sums of money for scenery, which IMO, is of lower quality. I donated a while ago as well, and really appreciate all the work pilotbalu as well as others such as andras have done.

Hi, can someone tell me what´s the difference between the airport and city and normal scenery is ?

Also, I see a lot of video where autogen is added ? Does it come with the photoscenery ? 

No, photoscenery is photoscenery, it simply reüplaces the basic terrain tecture that is normally used in a given location. olaced on this are the streets that X-Plane itself knows from OSM, as well as rivers and lake. Normally X-Plane tries to use the roads together with the landclass data that is encoded in the mesh to generate trees and buildings. Unless you try to use OSM-Maps from places like simheaven to get buildings in the correct location, if they are available in the original OSM data.. Andf real scenery files are simply : place this object in this location.