Sign in to follow this  
bigmike

Thank you for the Fixer!

Welcome aboard!

Most defaults are pretty good.

I strongly suggest setting headlight bloom in the General Shader to Always Off - otherwise parked cars can look like a bunch of photographers as you approach an Orbx airport at night.

You should try HD Shadows if you fly jets - otherwise leave off.

If you find the water reflections too strong in the day then you can reduce by lowering the two Fresnel values together so try 0.2 & 0.4 or 0.1 & 0.3

If you have legacy scenery - stuff that was uncoloured at night then if you have any problems try moving the legacy slider to the left.

Thank you very much for your suggestions,Steve.

I made these changes and will now go and try it out.

Mike

Could you point me to the "How to" for DX10 Fixer...? 

Could you point me to the "How to" for DX10 Fixer...? 

Right here in my sig, bk.

If you get stuck - just come on back and ask!

All the Best,

pj      :wink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I would also like to thank Steve for his work here, has totally transformed FSX for me. Excellent work mate, and thanks once again.

Andrew.

A note of THANKS as well......

Not only do I thank you, Steve....but my keyboard thanks you, the hole in the walls of my computer room thank you, neighbors/friends/family thank you.

I`ve been officially `tweak-free` for almost a month now, FS now means Flight Simulator again and not F*&@#$# S&@# and have racked up more actual FLYING hours in the past month than in the past 4 years!!

May I EMOTE a little?.....After I built my current computer, I thought FSX would run smoother. Alas, I've tweaked and tweaked and now am confined to flying out here in the boondocks of Tucson, Az, where I get very little stuttering.  But, STILL, I have to stay away from the high-density places such as KPHX (by FlightBeam) as the stuttering makes my eyeballs start quivering. Life is oh so short and getting shorter by the day. So when my copy of X-Plane gets here tomorrow, I hope it will give me a morale boost to bring me out of 'depression mode'. ....the end.

After I built my current computer, I thought FSX would run smoother. Alas, I've tweaked and tweaked and now am confined to flying out here in the boondocks of Tucson, Az, where I get very little stuttering.  But, STILL, I have to stay away from the high-density places such as KPHX (by FlightBeam) as the stuttering makes my eyeballs start quivering. 

...but bk - you're running a five-year old technology, and at 4.2 GHz!!      Of course you're going to have stuttering when up against a "just built" FlightBeam Phoenix airport - or KLAX - or CYVR, or KSFO, or, or....... and so on.

Having a GTX 690 doesn't mean instant performance at all. FSX is mostly processor bound, and you'll only get the expected performance if you move that i7-x980 up to 4.8 or above like this guy has. I suppose that's possible, but I think that's really pushing the envelope. A 2600K and newer will give you the performance you want - the Haswell's at around 4.6 - 4.7, with the older 26 - 2700k's around 4.9 - 5.1.

If that's not in the forecast, then I guess Xplane is some sort of answer, but having been there five or six times since I started simming in1986 - naaah - to many "this key does this", use that key for something else". It's gotta be the most kludgy interface in the entire pc world.. MS did it right, and it's too bad it was stopped before it was finished.

All the Best, and lots of commiserations, too,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just want to say thank you Steve and team for the new build and the continious work on this tool----much appreciated.

Mike

Just want to say thank you Steve and team for the new build and the continious work on this tool----much appreciated.

Mike

+1 in spades...thanks very much

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png