Sign in to follow this  
Novation

(Near) Perfect P3Dv2

I bought v2 on the day of release, but simply have not got on with it, for various reasons. As my 60day money back deadline draws near I thought I would give it one more shot, inserting my photoscenery and Autogen, along with Ant's Tiger Moth.... and today it all just clicked. I've been flying most of the day, with not a hitch, just near perfect smooth flying, as good as, if not better, than anything I've experienced in over 25 years of FS.

I still have reservations... the spinning clouds have to go, though I notice it less if I'm careful putting the weather together... I hate the interface, but can't see that changing... AA could be better, though I got it to point where I only see a little shimmer.

What is good... the lighting/shadowing - the environment looks crystal clear, and beautifully lit. The (near) pop free Autogen. Performance is solid and stutter free, though no better than I get in FSX [but, I've not even looked at the v2 cfg]. The water can look stunning, though cloud reflections are too clear, making the surface look glassy... this is calling out for something like FSWC to give the end user control.

Anyway, the upshot is I will be keeping P3Dv2 and possibly use as my primary sim... I just hope the niggles get ironed-out.

lsgj.jpg

uap41.jpg

Pwez.jpg

1ru6n.jpg

iRd9w.jpg

9xpT5.jpg

ZXhsA.jpg

Thank you Rob :smile:

One other very nice thing I forgot to mention is Autogen is no longer lit - depending on shadow options - when it should be in the shade, which is very nice.

ajkvf.jpg

Agree. This has the potential to unseat FSX - easily.

I have P3DV2 but will not use it much until a bulk of add-ons (Orbx in my case) is P3DV2-compatible. I expect that will happen towards the end of this year. Till then I will continue FSX-ing...

Great shots btw. :-)

I have P3DV2 but will not use it much until a bulk of add-ons (Orbx in my case) is P3DV2-compatible

This is the crux... I've not tried any Orbx scenery, but my FS needs have changed over the past year, and now the UK has full photoscenery with full Autogen I'm more than happy, and it seems to work 100% perfectly, even if I should not use it due to the licence... which is bloody stupid. If I go full P3Dv2 I'm not chucking away £100's of scenery I've paid for.

Running Max AGN with REX4 and not and issue... in eight hours of flight, no OOM's, blurries or even a significant stutter @ a locked 33fps... just beauty. I guess this is simple stuff, with no complex airports, or aircraft, but its what I fly...YMMV.

vwyVJ.jpg

Out of interest, which UK photoscenery/autogen is this ? Great pictures.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

now the UK has full photoscenery with full Autogen I'm more than happy, and it seems to work 100% perfectly

I have the VFR Horizon Photoscenery and the tree autogen....but where did you get the full autogen for UK?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

.... Great pictures.

Thank you.

I have the VFR Horizon Photoscenery and the tree autogen....but where did you get the full autogen for UK?

The autogen - trees and buildings - is from 'Revolution X' (Just Flight) which covers the whole of Eng, Wales and Scotland (inc. the Western Isles and Orkney) So, the entire area covered by Horizon's scenery, apart from Ireland. I'm running all volumes in v2 and I think it looks better than ever, due mainly to P3D's lighting.

Gorgeous screenies. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.