Sign in to follow this  
klamal

About to make the jump...

Hello everyone. So I've been starting to piece together what I need to upgrade in order to switch and run XP10 well. This is my current system that runs FSX pretty good:

ASUS P8P67 PRO R3 1155 ATX

EVGA GTX560TI 1GB PCIE

CORSAIR 8GB 2X4 D3 1600 C9 DIM

INTEL BOX INTEL CI5 2500K(over clocked to 4.3 I think)

700W power supply

I know I want to upgrade the video card for sure. Thinking a 770 w/ 4G. If that was the only thing I upgraded, would that still run XP10 well? I'm thinking it should based on what I've seen in posts. I know I won't be able to max everything out, but would I be able to get most of the way? HDR?

I'd like to run the JARDesigns A320, skymaxx, hd mesh, all the photo real/OSM scenery I can get my hands on and any 3rd party airports that are out there - pay or free.

Thanks much for the help and looking forward to joining you all in the one sim with the a very bright future!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

i dont think you be able to run everything on extreme settings BUT i think you will def get great results. i think upgrading your video card would be the first choice and then maybe some ram?

Agree on video card--that'll make the biggest difference in the listed setup and will help with antialiasing and HDR.

I think 8 GB of RAM should be enough to start, though.

2500k is still reasonably good compared to the latest generation of CPU, so upgrading CPU can be put off a little while longer, too... especially if it also requires a new motherboard.

Edit: Regardless, don't expect to get "most of the way" to maxing things out no matter how good your system is. Some people with i7 4770k and GTX 780s GPUs still have framerates tank in very heavy scenery areas, especially with clouds...