Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

FPS Display

So I got cocky and cleaned up the FSX custom buttons section - now I can't display my FPS by pressing control V...I can't find the Event where I deleted the keyboard shortcut so I can put it back.  Any help would be appreciated.

Just read my post - maybe I wasn't correct by calling it FPS - I'm asking about the Frame Rate that appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen.  Thanks.

This setting (Coordinates/frame rate (cycle)) is under Views in your Settings - Controls and the default key stroke is Shift + Z.

Chris

You missed a golden opportunity to rid yourself of FPSitis. Get well soon. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I have always wondered about the following:  Does the act of displaying those pesky and sometimes heart rending FPS figures in and of itself change the actual frame rate being experienced?

Signed, "Curious in Peoria"

I read somewhere they're not even accurate, but an average. What I do know is that they have driven strong, grown men to tears and weaker men to hurl themselves off the Brooklyn Bridge (or was it the Golden Gate?) or even the Tallahatchie Bridge.  :lol: 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Does the act of displaying those pesky and sometimes heart rending FPS figures in and of itself change the actual frame rate being experienced?

In my experience it does, at least in some situations (it's of course more difficult to tell when FPS is already high). I almost have to wonder how many people's notion of poor performance has been driven by the FPS counter lowering their FPS.

I read somewhere they're not even accurate, but an average.

I almost have to wonder how many people's notion of poor performance has been driven by the FPS counter lowering their FPS.

The whole thing is just too metaphysical to me.  I bet the poor OP is wondering what is going on.  Pay no heed to us, it's damaging to your psyche to get involved (LOL)