Is my GTX560ti dying?

If I switch around different views, it takes a while for the clouds and cockpit textures to appear correctly.

Hope this makes sense.

Texture loading is factored by your hard drive seek times, fragmentation and by your CPU. I have a slight delay loading outside world textures through the windscreen of the T7, but only when regening a lot of AI. If I turn down AI content it flash loads. My 560ti handles everything FSX throws at it and usually any PC component fails completely, not gradually.

Another consideration is your overall RAM loading. If you are using a 64bit OS and have more than 4Gb of RAM, FSX will occupy it' s own 4Gb frame. FSX is a 32 bit application so it is limited to 4Gb RAM. If your loading a bunch of photo scenery or addon within FSX you may slow everything down and also run the risk of an OOM CTD.

Try to lean out your scenery load (indicated by your initial FSX load time from your HD). Also monitor your HD accessing by simply watch the HD activity LED. If it seems like your HD is always lighting up your system maybe poorly configged. Take a look at the various suggestions for optimizing your OS and FSX fouNd throughout these forums

What you are seeing is something called texture pop-in. Essentially the textures aren't loaded by the time you switch views. I think Phil Taylor said something about this. The alternative to what you were seeing is to put a loading screen each time you switch views. Or have a blank texture in place (gray for DX10), while the high resolution texture loads from the hard drive. Then the gray texture goes away and the full resolution image is shown. If the texture loads in time, then there is no gray texture as a placeholder.

I suppose it has something to do with the amount of textures FSX has to load each time you switch views. Having a faster hard drive (SSD) or even a faster bus speed (PCIe 3.0, as opposed to PCIe 2.0) may help to reduce this. Allows more textures to be transferred from the hard drive to the video card at a faster rate.

The cfg setting TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT will say how many textures can be processed per frame to the GPU. So upping this value will allow for more textures to be passed to the GPU. Default setting is 40, but keep in mind FSX was made in 2006, so I'm sure today's graphics cards can handle more than 40 textures passed to the GPU per frame. If I kept it at 40, my PMDG 777 textures would take 5 seconds to fully load when switching views or when loading into the VC. With a value of 6000 and a capped framerate, the exterior textures were fully loaded, and the VC textures went from 5 seconds to a mere gray flash that lasted half a second. Framerate must be capped in order for this to work if I recall. If the number is too high (depends on your system) you may experience stutters, which is your PCIe bus essentially being backed up by too many textures being passed to the GPU. I bumped mine up to 8000 for fun, but it stuttered, but 6000 was fine.

Here's my settings I used.

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=6000
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=40