Sign in to follow this  
hohenaus000

ORBX FTX Freeware Problem

I recently installed an ORBX FTX Freeware pack for FSX, more specifically Neil's sixth freeware pack for Global containing 10 airports in Hawaii (North America Pack 6). I compared the pictures of the airports of what it is supposed to look, and what I had once installed, and they don't look anything alike. I followed the installation procedures and it showed all of the files in my FSX folder, but the airports don't seem to have changed. Please help!

Please help!Sorry, this is the MSFlight forum.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi,

Did you switch FTX Central to North Amerika?

Did you install the latest Library (13-12-15) after Installation of FreewarePack6? (there are no Libraries in Neils Packs)

Did you check the report file "Installed ORBX Products" (FTX Central/Tools) whether you can see the entrance:

"  FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACK 6 (Hawaii) - January 2014"?

Did you check. whether you have a folder, called "FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS" in FSX/ORBX/FTX-GLOBAL, which should have 32 files for Pack6?

Did you check, whether you have a library folder inside FSX which is called "FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS"?

If theres something missing, set FTX Central to NorthAmerika, install the Pack again and don´t forget to install the actual library after that...

Happy landings

Stephan

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Hi,

I may have done something wrong but after seeing this thread I decided to check it out.  I thought I installed everything correctly but didn't see the new scenery.  Then in FTX Central I selected "Global" instead of North America and the new (very nice) scenery appeared.

Jim F.

Which Orbx products do you currently have installed?

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Hi,

I believe "FTX Central" was installed on my system when I installed the FTX Pacific Northwest Demo available here: http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

I have links to it both on my desktop and in the start menu.

I recommend downloading one of the freeware ORBX airports and see if it's included.

Jim F. 

Hi,

I believe "FTX Central" was installed on my system when I installed the FTX Pacific Northwest Demo available here: http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

I have links to it both on my desktop and in the start menu.

I recommend downloading one of the freeware ORBX airports and see if it's included.

Jim F. 

The freeware airports are designed to work with Global so it's pretty likely that if Global isn't installed then they won't show. Global would have installed FTX Central on the desktop but if the OP can't find it then it suggests he doesn't have it installed. Hence my previous question!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Hey uncle,

I have neither the Global Base Pack nor any other ORBX payware product installed.  I've installed several of the freeware airports and demos and FTX Central has been installed multiple times.  I know this because I relocate the Start menu link and I've had to edit the menu several times to eliminate multiple links. I think if you were assuming that the Global Base Pack was required or any other ORBX product it would have been helpful to say so.  Now I'm assuming that that was your assumption!  Please clarify if I've assumed incorrectly.

Jim F.

Hey uncle,

I have neither the Global Base Pack nor any other ORBX payware product installed.  I've installed several of the freeware airports and demos and FTX Central has been installed multiple times.  I know this because I relocate the Start menu link and I've had to edit the menu several times to eliminate multiple links. I think if you were assuming that the Global Base Pack was required or any other ORBX product it would have been helpful to say so.  Now I'm assuming that that was your assumption!  Please clarify if I've assumed incorrectly.

Jim F.

The OP referred to NA Pack 6 which is designed for Global. If he doesn't have Global, or any other Orbx product, installed then the likelihood is that he doesn't have FTX Central but in the absence of any response it is impossible to say. If this is the case then whilst the files may show within his FSX folder he would probably have to install the scenery manually within FSX to get it to work....if that is possible.

I know it is possible to install Orbx airports without either Global or a region which is presumably what you have done.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

You can install the freeware airports in default scenery, photoscenery, and different addon scenery from other developers, as well.

As far as Hawaii is concerned, I installed pack #6 on top of MSE photoscenery and it results in big improvements as far as 'airport clutter', grass, buildings and PeopleFlow(2) are concerned. Maybe #6 is the best of those freeware packs for me so far.

Since Hawaii isn't covered by any FTX region, I'd suggest to install the freeware airports with FTX Central set to 'default' (no FTX-G installed) or to 'global' (if FTX-G is installed).

If you own neither Global nor FTX regions, "just" install.

Scott why dont you ask on the FTX forums, since its their product and they know it inside and out

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA