Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

A Tribute to the Great Cities : New York City (X-plane 10)

Just a little Eye-Candy

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just a little Eye-Candy

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow amazing, I notice in the youtube description that it's using New York City X 2012 (Drzewiecki Design) For FSX/P3D? But this is in X-Plane 10. Did they somehow manage to convert this scenery?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

But this is in X-Plane 10. Did they somehow manage to convert this scenery?

Presumably they used fs2xplane, but I've never been able to get it to run on my computer. 

Excellent video!   Is that stock NYC or an add on ?

A converted FSX add-on from  Drzewiecki Design.

Devons rig

I own that scenery for FSX - care to share how you converted it ?

This is somebody else's vid, but the conversion is fairly simple using FS2XPlane

The big question is why vendors don't do it themselves for people who dont have the FSX version and spruce things up a bit while they are at it. Its pretty much like leaving free money on the table.  :blink:

I would say after looking though, that Aerosofts Manhattan is a much more rewarding conversion.

Devons rig

Fabulous video HiFlyer! :lol:

Indeed... the FSX Devs are leaving big bucks on the table as XP is the way forward in ALL ways.

The FSX environment world has been taken about as far as it can go and it comes nowhere close to XP10.

XP has active developers always upgrading the product.

The only thing XP needs is the FSX aircraft and airport scenery developers to make the jump and bring their products to XP.

It will be a lot of work for them but will be worth it in the end.

I will spend no more money on FSX addons and I have $pent a lot over the years as most of us here have.

All now goes to XP.

Fabulous video HiFlyer! :lol:

Indeed... the FSX Devs are leaving big bucks on the table as XP is the way forward in ALL ways.

The FSX environment world has been taken about as far as it can go and it comes nowhere close to XP10.

XP has active developers always upgrading the product.

The only thing XP needs is the FSX aircraft and airport scenery developers to make the jump and bring their products to XP.

It will be a lot of work for them but will be worth it in the end.

I will spend no more money on FSX addons and I have $pent a lot over the years as most of us here have.

All now goes to XP.

Actually though many would disagree, I find it hard to be quite that enthusiastic about XPX right now either. Theoretically it has many advantages, but the parent company again and again seems to bypass a bold effort to leverage those advantages above and beyond incremental improvements to BET.

I feel like the window of opportunity might be steadily closing, with a momentary reprieve caused by P3Dv2's opening stumble, but LR's historical focus and pace makes, me feel ambiguous about the chance that they will take effective advantage of the opportunity.

I think things will hinge very much on if 3rd parties like Jspahn can help rescue LR from itself.

Devons rig

Sounds like I need to fly down and visit with Mr. Myers and his team.

XP is sitting on a powder keg of potential that they must not let slip away. (my thoughts as I was on final to 08 ABQ at night)

Actually though many would disagree, I find it hard to be quite that enthusiastic about XPX right now either. Theoretically it has many advantages, but the parent company again and again seems to bypass a bold effort to leverage those advantages above and beyond incremental improvements to BET.

I feel like the window of opportunity might be steadily closing, with a momentary reprieve caused by P3Dv2's opening stumble, but LR's historical focus and pace makes, me feel ambiguous about the chance that they will take effective advantage of the opportunity.

I think things will hinge very much on if 3rd parties like Jspahn can help rescue LR from itself.

Until P3Dv2 goes 64-bit, the door is going to be wide open for X-Plane.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I have converted a few of my FSX sceneries to XP10 using FS2XP. some work flawlessly,  Others do not work at all. I have been using Aerosofts Manahttan X for XP's rendition of NYC, but its getting a little outdated now, so Ill look into trying Drzewieckis's. I cant get the freedom tower to show up in Aerosofts updated NYC.

I bought Drzewiekis's for P3d, but there are issues with night textures showing up during th eday when you get close to it, and it dosent look good. However, it looks like once that bug is fixed it will be better than Aerosoft's. Apprantly it converts well to XP well. I never thought of converting it for XP until I read this post. It would be funny if it works better in X-Plane than it does in the product it was designed for. It takes a few seconds to convert, so Ill try it later tonight.

Im not sure why Aerosoft, or any other developer, has not jumped on converting their city or landmark sceneries to XP. there is a big demand for it and X-planes acceptance in the flight simmming community  depends on it. Id glady pay for it again to have an official X-plane version and support the developers.

I once sent an E-mail to Aersoft showing their NYC & Detraoit city scenery working perfectly in XP and asked if they would ever come out with an officially converted version for XP, but they never answered my email. 

Seems like it would be a no brainer, but I guess there are other behind the scenes issues with it. Oh well. 

Rob