Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

BlackBox Simulations

I dont even get an e-mail about updates if anyone has an e-mail contact for them that works I'apprecizte it rant over

As far as I know the only way to stay "up to date" is to read their FB page. Yesterday they said the 0.080 version should be released in 48ish hours.

Facebook support is useless anyway, they delete whatever posts they dislike. I asked about development some time ago and my post just vanished into thin air. I bought their A330 because there isn't a single good one in the market yet, but i wouldn't buy it if i knew it would turn out like this.

Wilco's A330 is untrustable (it steers away from the route whenever it feels like, among TONS of other bugs) but this one isn't much better yet. I just hope this 0.80 update makes it flyable so i can have some enjoyment for my money.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

so PSS... sorry i meant BBS,,,dont go near it. 

just get the ASE... a great product, proper support you dont have to go on bloody facebook or 2 different fourmns to get support,  

as for updates, they have been "ready to update" for nearly a year now" once in a while they will put up a picture on facebook showing a "fantastic" new shot of the VC.. 

I think they are on the same dessert islands having cocktails as the guy from PRO ATC, although one of their better excuses for not realeasing an update was it was a "bit hot in their office"...

14ppkc-6.png

Does anyone know how you go about getting an update, is there a link anywhere?

cheers

I need about 10 cumulative updates on the BBS A330.  It's so completely unfinished that it's perhaps the worst aircraft I have ever purchased for FSX...caveat emptor!  

I've been following the FSLabs a320 forum for a while and it if it has the features they claim (something that seems likely considering all I've heard about their Concorde and the fact it would probably take as much effort to create such lies as doing it properly) it will be the best out there (I think I've seen people compare it to the AXE in a similar way to comparing PMDG to iFly, neither of which I personally own!).  However release doesn't seem to be something to hold out for any time soon - new beta testers would be sought out "soon" in January.

PS I've bought the AXE but haven't flown it yet.

bought the AXE but haven't flown it yet.

Use it with FS2Crew. You will really enjoy it.

996283Sanstitrejpg.png

They have update their A320 to 0.8 today....  new VC (even worst than 0.70, ugly with stupid face reflections on the ND :rolleyes:  ) and  so many things going wrong from font placement, switches placement on MCDU, missing sounds, navigation line crossing all ND display..   uninstall under process right now.  Can't wait for FsLabs.

too much, too soon....

Well I asked about the A330 update on their Facebook page and got a pretty blunt reply back, asking me to stop asking questions they've answered before. Their aircraft are awful and their customer service follows suit. I'd avoid it at all costs.

Their new update 0.8 appears to have more bugs than their previous version and they're shrugging off the complaints on their Facebook page BACK to the customer as though it's their fault.

So long BBS.

on but the funny thing is theres always 2 lone guys on facebook that love there product, then when you complain they turn around and say they have "1000s of happy customers".... I doubt they sold 200 let alone 1000 

14ppkc-6.png

I just installed the 0.8 update and I agree with what has been posted so far. I hate to be blunt, but the new VC looks ugly, fonts issues, route on ND incorrect. They claim new systems simulated (but there was no release notes so hard to determine what was added), just turning off the Hydraulic system does not trigger the appropriate ECAM alerts (maybe that is something for 1.0 who knows). I honestly don't see a big difference from the previous version. I realize BBS is a team of 2, but so far, I am far from impressed with their product.

I will wait for the FSL Airbus to come out, in the meantime, I suppose the AXE is the way to go when it comes to Airbus.

John.

I too was interesting in getting an Airbus; however, I'm confused as to the comments I've read on this thread. There seems to be common ground of rebuttal due to the fact that there's another Airbus coming- FSL. And, I'm wondering if FSL would not be out there, would those folks  find great things on the AXE and BBS ? And, then my question is will the FSL be released within the next few months? How long has it been in development?

If there were no FSL A320 coming I would go with the AXE, it blows BBS out of the water in most categories.  Heck, even when the FSL version gets here I may stick with the AXE; it all depends on what FSL brings to the table.  I would not bother with BBS, not the A320 anyways.  They [bBS] do have the only modern A330 at the moment, however if/when AS gets around to making an A330 I will be promptly uninstalling the BBS version.

The FSLabs a320 was announced on their forums in 2010 and in early 2012 was expected for release late that year.  They then went and modeled more systems than expected and as such the target didn't happen (I believe that was what they said happened).

Their last update was in January which said that "soon" they would be looking for new beta testers, but I'm not really sure that soon means what we want it to mean!  They operate a very strict "It will be ready when it's ready" policy, now getting to the stage where release date requests may just be deleted.  Therefore I would say don't hold out too much hope on it being released in the next three months or so, but I'd welcome other peoples' thoughts on this.

Heck, even when the FSL version gets here I may stick with the AXE

Completely agree with this statement.  The FSL will have to be very special to replace AXE and FS2Crew.  I would have bought the A330, but after reading the above and the lack of updates...nope.

Ian R Tyldesley