Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

BlackBox Simulations

Every time I hear or see BLACK BOX SIMULATION I get a bad feeling in my gut.  I feel like they are not adequately positioned to be producing payware.  Are they running a business or a hobby?  I wouldn't care so much but I gave them my hard earned money for something that has no signs of being finished this decade.  I feel cheated even though I knew what I was getting into...I guess that's my fault.  Oh well.     

The FSLabs a320 was announced on their forums in 2010...They then went and modeled more systems than expected and as such the target didn't happen (I believe that was what they said happened).

To clarify, we discovered the only way to develop a true-to-life simulation was to model the neural networks (digital/analogue) that form the foundations upon which all of the Airbus systems function. It was a huge investment, not only for our A320-X series but also for future titles in our A3XX product line.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

To clarify, we discovered the only way to develop a true-to-life simulation was to model the neural networks (digital/analogue) that form the foundations upon which all of the Airbus systems function. It was a huge investment, not only for our A320-X series but also for future titles in our A3XX product line.

I'm very sorry about that, I simplified massively; I follow your forum a lot and have complete respect and admiration for what you do/are doing.  I wasn't trying to take crack at you, I just worded it badly and I realise now it came out somewhat harsh rather than explanatory as I had intended.

Keep up the great work and sorry again!

Hi Finlay,

No need to apologise - I simply wanted to offer some clarification to your post, as some readers might have thought we had spent the past several years modelling unnecessary systems on the aircraft. I think, perhaps as others may have done (Airliner XP, Air Simmer), we simply underestimated the complexity of the aircraft.

Thankfully our perseverance is paying off and we're now working towards a finished product.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Guest Mik75

The FBW in v0.80 is really good! All protections work more or less perfectly, the aircraft is very manoeuvrable, even fully configured it is responsive and reacts realistically. Refresh rate of the displays became quite bad though with this update. Even set at "0", the PFD feels a little laggy. And, when CRZ flightlevel is set under 10k ft, the aircraft still accelerates over 250 kts. Overall performance became a little worse, but it is still okay, especially considering the fact that it is in beta stage. I always liked this BB Airbus. There is still a long way to go, and if they continue to release their updates so slowly, it will take a long time until this addon is on the level they promised...

The FBW in v0.80 is really good! All protections work more or less perfectly,

Does the approach phase work as it should for you ? I noticed that once I activate it  speeds drops to vapp and then goes up to 250,  340 and overspeed. ?

Sorry to say, but I think that it is funny that people pay money for unfinished crap. The above VC screenshot looks horrible. And what makes it even more obscure is the fact that there is a really good A320/A321 inplementation out there, namely the AXE. It is great value and it just works. People who claim that system depth is not extensive are right. But system depth is just right to experience all different types of normal operations of the bus. And I would bet that most people who complain about system depth in the AXE don't even know how to use all the systems that are already implemented. And who wants to wait for the FSL bus? I would assume you will wait for another couple of years. If they will ever finish it...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Somebody should just make a proper A330, I'm getting bored of A32- series already. 

Guest Mik75

Does the approach phase work as it should for you ? I noticed that once I activate it speeds drops to vapp and then goes up to 250, 340 and overspeed. ?

I did only one approach with a fully programmed FMGS yet. So far it worked flawlessly. But I had to bring the throttles to the correct detent by using the F2 key upon reaching the acceleration altitude, my hardware throttle was way too sensitive. I'll give it another go tonight.

Handflying this thing has improved dramatically with v0.800! It feels really good and the FBW protection work impressively good.

I did only one approach with a fully programmed FMGS yet. So far it worked flawlessly. But I had to bring the throttles to the correct detent by using the F2 key upon reaching the acceleration altitude, my hardware throttle was way too sensitive. I'll give it another go tonight.
Handflying this thing has improved dramatically with v0.800! It feels really good and the

I used the page up and page down keys  instead. I also tested with  a full fmgs but then RC gave me vectors, I manually activated the approach phase and it was a mess. AXE works  no problem,.

it really is very simple, why people make things complicated I dont know.

Stick to to the ase, its a perfectly good aircraft until and if the FSL comes out.

What has annoyed people is how BBS are full of crap and have never once promised on what they said they would do, and have fobbed people off with the same rubbish they told consumers when they ran and then had to close PSS.

I will always congratulate people when honour is due, but these two brothers are just plain crooks.

14ppkc-6.png

There is supposed to be a bad &@($* A380 coming out soon, also I am not much of an Airbus guy myself, but some of the best airbus videos I have seen are all using the Airbus X Extended, and the systems in that seem to be pretty darn good!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I remember when the BBS A320 "Prologue" was released and people warned against buying it given the history of the developer.

I remember when the BBS A330 "Prologue" was released with the A320 still nowhere near finished and people warned against buying it.... and were shouted down by some for being too negative and unfair towards BBS.

I'm sorry for everybody who spent money on these products but at least you now know what the rest of us knew already. This developer has a long history, and whilst back in the heyday of FS2000 and FS2002 they were among the best their later development history was far from a happy or illustrious one. They in fact became well known for all the wrong reasons and it certainly appears the leopard didn't change its spots with its reincarnation as BBS.

I knew what I was getting into, and there is no complaints from me. I know their track record, and hoped for the best (I am in the "always assume positive" camp). So far I have been proven wrong, I know these guys have gone through death in the family, it is a small team, etc. They probably didn't realize what they were getting themselves into, it is what it is. I think there is a fair amount of warning around, so people that are considering it can make their own judgment.

I have uninstalled 0.8, moving on...  lets see what the future brings...

Happy landings!

John.

I think if they made one mistake it was to spread their already small team over 2 airplanes, both still unfinished. They will both be finished one day but maybe their A320 would have been further along had they not switched focus to the A330.