Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

BlackBox Simulations

Just taken the 8.0 A320 for a short test flight and dear oh dear...where to start? 

The much vaunted "new upgraded VC" still looks like a child's rendition in crayon of an airbus cockpit, drawn from memory.  So much for the aesthetics.

The sounds are hideous.  No other word.

Why am I looking at the reflection of a fat balding con artist on my ND?

Deleted, good riddance.  Never again.

Well, I don't have this model of the BBS A320. ( I do have the Aerosoft Airbus A320 ) But I did watch a video of the latest version A321 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHwRkP2WtM -  and to my mind what I saw looked acceptable for a payware aircraft in today's market place. Remembering this is not yet a full version 1 release I would imagine more fine tuning and modifications are to come. It sounded pretty good on my system as well so sound is clearly a personal choice. I find your comments  "Fat Balding con artist"  , unacceptable,  unhelpful and spiteful -  regardless of your own personal experiences with BBS.

The name 'Airsimmer' comes to mind..................................

Dave Taylor gb.png

This company tastes more like the genuine scam, lol. Taking buck for no good performance deliverance hahah :lol: .

Glad I did not buy this bèta test project. I could have spent my money on a good beer or a well-filled kalashnikov whisky "bottle".

Though I hope for those who bought this product/junk will not have an even worse experience with V1.0. As it seems that the quality is falling behind and stupid details are added, like

the reflections of a pilot lol?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I think Dad n Dave a takin' the pis$$ with development of A320 & 30. I will be retired and eating rice puddings through a straw by the time version 1.0 is released.

I think the same could be said for FSLabs as well.

David Porrett

I think the same could be said for FSLabs as well.

I think that is a little unfair David.  FSL haven't taken anybodies money for the A320, nor have they released an unfinished product.  If you head on over to the FSL forum they have some very nice VC shots.

Originally i wasn't excited about the FSL A320, but after looking at the VC shots, i might be tempted away from the Airbus X-tended.

Besides, it pales in comparison to the "Duke-Nukem forever" of the Flight sim world, the LDS757. 

Ian R Tyldesley

Now, that's actually worse than "just" bad taste ...

Bad taste?  No I'll tell you what is in bad taste.  A developer...no,  a business resorting to emotional blackmail as an excuse to postpone its commitments.  And let's be clear, BBS had no previous problems going off the radar for months on end with no updates whatsoever.  There was really no need to embroil paying customers in personal tragedy.  That was their choice. 

But here I think lies a big problem with the FS add-on market, and it's this:  the erroneous idea that we're all chums. That it's a community of pals, we're all in it together somehow, that we must all support and encourage each other even after the money has changed hands.  A notion that only lasts I might add until the product either succeeds or fails and if it's the latter then it's usually f*** off in no short order from our developer pals to the disappointed customers.

This much I do know:  BBS have my money and all I have is the same recycled PSS garbage they excreted onto the market in July 2012 with no real sign of progress since and there's not a chance in hell of a refund after.

But that's just good business, right?

Richard Wells

Bad taste?  No I'll tell you what is in bad taste.  A developer...no,  a business resorting to emotional blackmail as an excuse to postpone its commitments.  And let's be clear, BBS had no previous problems going off the radar for months on end with no updates whatsoever.  There was really no need to embroil paying customers in personal tragedy.  That was their choice. 

But here I think lies a big problem with the FS add-on market, and it's this:  the erroneous idea that we're all chums. That it's a community of pals, we're all in it together somehow, that we must all support and encourage each other even after the money has changed hands.  A notion that only lasts I might add until the product either succeeds or fails and if it's the latter then it's usually f*** off in no short order from our developer pals to the disappointed customers.

This much I do know:  BBS have my money and all I have is the same recycled PSS garbage they excreted onto the market in July 2012 with no real sign of progress since and there's not a chance in hell of a refund after.

Spot on. Took the words right out of my mouth. And only using facebook as the only port of call for support shows how dedicated they really are.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Spot on. Took the words right out of my mouth. And only using facebook as the only port of call for support shows how dedicated they really are.

There is a trend amongst some Developers to only report FS Developement news via the Facebook application this past couple of years. I can think of a couple of the top of my head that I would consider decent Developers except for their desire to spread the news via Facebook..

Razbam and Qualitywings springs to mind. Yes they still keep a PC Forum page, but for how long?

There is a trend amongst some Developers to only report FS Developement news via the Facebook application this past couple of years. I can think of a couple of the top of my head that I would consider decent Developers except for their desire to spread the news via Facebook..

Razbam and Qualitywings springs to mind. Yes they still keep a PC Forum page, but for how long?

I hear what your saying Ray. The big difference with BB, is that no support is offered on the BBS forum. I don't have an issue with developers using FB to showcase their products, but BBS using it for support borders on lunacy.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

what you said about his family was out of order, no one deserves that. thats why 8 people including myself down ticked it.

other than that, you are bang correct about the rest of what you said

14ppkc-6.png

Member warned and post removed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I own both too. As a package AXE has an edge. The copilot feature lends for an immersive experience. The v0.801 of BBS definitely has a better FBW. Its quite likely that future versions of BBS may give us a more deeper sim.

Which to go for depends on what features you want.

Manish

snapback.png

(...)   How many other family members will succumb to the scythe before that one sees the light of day? 

(...)

Yeah.   I mean, there are problems with BBS and I think most would agree they are under-delivering on their promise, but to joke about how many more of their family members will die before the product reaches v1.0 is absolutely sick in the head.

I hope this guy is getting psychiatric attention, because he certainly needs it.

snapback.png

Yeah.   I mean, there are problems with BBS and I think most would agree they are under-delivering on their promise, but to joke about how many more of their family members will die before the product reaches v1.0 is absolutely sick in the head.

I hope this guy is getting psychiatric attention, because he certainly needs it.

Agree, these types of comments should be deleted and not allow these types if people be in this community.