Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Free cockpit builder suite (Jeehell FMGS)

For those that do not know -- there is a free cockpit builder suite called Jeehell FMGS (Flight Management & Guidance System) - it is for the A320 and works with FSX/P3D. 

These cockpit suites usually go for hundreds to thousands of dollars, but this one is *free*! 

And for that reason I have decided to switch my Boeing build to an Airbus build saving hundreds (if not thousands) in the process (Last I checked Prosim737 was 600 EURO and Project Majenta upwards of a thousand).

I have a short video of the suite running prior to my landing at Brisbane.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Seeing as your going to loose hundreds, if not thousands selling off all the 737 hardware that you had already bought, hardly seems like a smart decision. Anyhow all the best with your new build.

737 hardware already sold (yoke, throttle, radios). Actually will be saving more in the long run. Do you how expensive it is to set up dual link yokes?

Do you how expensive it is to set up dual link yokes?

:smile2: I think you would be surprised at how cheap it actually can be if you know where to buy the parts from.

:smile2: I think you would be surprised at how cheap it actually can be if you know where to buy the parts from.

Well I've sold my 1x ACE 737 yoke and can purchase 2x airbus sidesticks with money left over. So I don't understand your original point that I'm loosing money. With dual link yokes you also need to setup a platform and need knowledge on how to mechanically link them. And no, yokes are not cheap coming up to about a grand for each one. Please share your definition of 'cheap'.

Wow that's free? It seems pretty complete how complete is it?

Wow that's free? It seems pretty complete how complete is it?

A few bugs but the developer and the community is active and there are new versions with bug fixes released almost weekly. Works with all the major cockpit hardware vendors.

And no, yokes are not cheap coming up to about a grand for each one.

LOL, Ok. If you say so. I should send you an invoice of what they really cost.

Im happy that you have sold your previous hardware. Tell me, did you get back your shipping charges, your customs duties and will it be enough to cover the shipping and customs duties you will have to pay all over again for the airbus hardware that you now intend on buying? I dont really care, its not my money.

I agree that this is nice software considering its free. There are many reasons to change sims and pros and cons to all types of A/C but each to his own. As  I said earlier, All the best with your new build.

Im currently building an a320 cockpit. Looked at this software but I'm waiting to see how good the FSL one is. Another avionics suite is AST (~ £1000) but doesnt seem very popular.

LOL, Ok. If you say so. I should send you an invoice of what they really cost.

Im happy that you have sold your previous hardware.

Sure why not, if you can define the meaning of cheap :) I'll be more then happy to know your source if you are willing to share.

As for shipping charges, negligible. Most of the heavy and expensive items - such as the ace yoke and rudder pedals were bought from a local seller. So no, I have not lost out in shipping :)

I'm glad we agree on the software. Jeehell seems like a very nice guy also - I offered to send him some money but be said to send some to charity instead.

Sure why not, if you can define the meaning of cheap :)

Nearly 1/4 of  the price you mentioned earlier. For the source, plenty of salvage yards in the US but telling you specifically which one now would be akin to closing the gate after the horse has already bolted. Sorry!  

One thing I don't understand is why those avionic software are so expensive. I'm not a programmer, but I'd guess these software shouldn't be that complex as all they do just communicating with FSX/P3D for display etc? How come it can cost over $1000?

I'm not a cockpit builder by any measure, just considering to add couple monitors for dedicated PFD etc displays. I saw that aeroSystem737 seems to have pretty fair price of $65. Just curious, what makes other software 10x more?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Nearly 1/4 of the price you mentioned earlier. For the source, plenty of salvage yards in the US but telling you specifically which one now would be akin to closing the gate after the horse has already bolted. Sorry!

$250 for a real 737 metal yoke? Your story becomes more unbelievable every day :) You must be turning a very healthy profit. If you don't mind I would like to share your story with the other cockpit builder forums.

One thing I don't understand is why those avionic software are so expensive. I'm not a programmer, but I'd guess these software shouldn't be that complex as all they do just communicating with FSX/P3D for display etc? How come it can cost over $1000?

I'm not a cockpit builder by any measure, just considering to add couple monitors for dedicated PFD etc displays. I saw that aeroSystem737 seems to have pretty fair price of $65. Just curious, what makes other software 10x more?

Yes aerosystem is affordable but not complete. It is not in active development and several features are missing - no terrain on ND for example and may be missing compatibility with cockpit vendor hardware. Prosim on the other hand is compatible with nearly every hardware vendor and their software is very easy to setup and use.

Cockpit building is a niche market which is why they can charge so much.

$250 for a real 737 metal yoke? Your story becomes more unbelievable every day :)

When was the last time you heard of a yoke/column needing to be replaced on a Boeing aircraft? They are that worthless as spare parts that many just get crushed or cut off at the floor as its not worth the time in labour to remove. That is a fact that I know you have seen.

Go direct to the sources who have scrapped hundreds of aircraft and stop believing what you see on ebay. 

Same here. Surely the PMDG at $70 if just as detail modeled?