Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Switching to P3D and saying goodbye to FSX for good

Can you or someone link us to that thread please? TIA

I think you may be looking for this one.

It's not a 100 percent cure, but it did improve the AA performance a lot on my system.  Worth trying until LM and/or NVidia can come up with a complete solution.  

Ultimate Traffic 2 works fine.  There is no need to install, just edit the dll.xml and add a command line entry to the [Program] section of fsuipc.ini.  See the thread in P3D Add-ons.

Why does it always have to be either this or that... One or the other... life or death! Why not use both?

I really like this idea, but once a PS3 is on the living room floor, the PS2 only collects dust. :) ... btw I'm one of the guys who agrees with your post!

James McLees

I really like this idea, but once a PS3 is on the living room floor, the PS2 only collects dust. :) ... btw I'm one of the guys who agrees with your post!

But, there is a HUGE difference between a PS2 and PS3 graphically :wink: .

But, there is a HUGE difference between a PS2 and PS3 graphically :wink: .

Yes. Yes there is.

James McLees

I just got a new system build about a month ago and have been flying P3D exclusively ever since.  I did load up FSX today to see how it performs on my new system and I am sorry to say that FSX (to me) is really showing its age and just does not cut it for me anymore.  

P3D gives me a better framerates with a more fluid flight, significantly more autogen (without that dreadful FSX close-range autogen pop), noticeably better default ground textures, volumetric fog and clouds, and a visual depth due to really good light and shadow functionality that leaves FSX looking just flat.

Lots of 3rd party products work today and many will be P3D-compliant in the future.  As we know, P3D is a supported application and one thing that current users will have is personal experience and their own baseline knowledge with the platform that will provide them with a more ready state once v2.05 and v2,10 are released.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm currently considering making this jump but several factors are holding me back. Those being: 

- PMDG planes won't work

They don't? I'm currently enroute to EDDK in the 738 on P3D

- RXP GNS 430/530

Don't work, look out the window...

- OrbX Regions

Work fine for me...

On a side note... why does it always have to be one or the other? Why not fly both?

hoser70, how do you get OrbX regions to work under P3D? Even on OrbX forum states that it doesn't work.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I install them with the migration tool. Just have to disable the object flow to avoid that error.

I'm currently considering making this jump but several factors are holding me back. Those being: 

- PMDG planes won't work

They don't? I'm currently enroute to EDDK in the 738 on P3D

The MD11 works fine as well. Don't believe all the propaganda.

I also am totally into P3D, specially now I have FTXG and the A2A C172 plus that nVidia AA fix working. The mood, light, autogen, color, shadows, well, the graphics are a lot more pleasing to my eyes and that's currently my main reason for flying on the PC: the be pleased with awesome landscapes passing by while having a realistic but simple plane to control. And everything is sooooooo smooth!!! A lot smoother than FSX. I currently fly low and slow in the west of Canada and Alaska and everything is gorgeous out there, even with the default clouds and skies (using the Building storms preset, which creates a great mood and has you flying in different circumstances all the time). I can't think of anything that FSX would offer me that I might want to install it for. Well, okay, FTX regions, but those are coming soon. FSX is a thing from the past: it's gone forever.

Did you do anything special to get the MD-11 to work?

It's quite simple really .......... Google is your friend. And out of respect for the PMDG idiocity that goes on with relation to anything regarding their products and P3Dv2 in the US, I will leave it there. As I said, don't buy into the bull.

I've heard that the PMDG 777 also works with P3D, is this true? If that's true, then all the more reason to drop FSX for good.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I also am totally into P3D, specially now I have FTXG and the A2A C172 plus that nVidia AA fix working. The mood, light, autogen, color, shadows, well, the graphics are a lot more pleasing to my eyes and that's currently my main reason for flying on the PC: the be pleased with awesome landscapes passing by while having a realistic but simple plane to control. And everything is sooooooo smooth!!! A lot smoother than FSX. I currently fly low and slow in the west of Canada and Alaska and everything is gorgeous out there, even with the default clouds and skies (using the Building storms preset, which creates a great mood and has you flying in different circumstances all the time). I can't think of anything that FSX would offer me that I might want to install it for. Well, okay, FTX regions, but those are coming soon. FSX is a thing from the past: it's gone forever.

As much as I was busting to do the same, I'm not so sure I'm going to throw FSX out just yet.  I get my new PC tomorrow, so have decided to run P3Dv2 and FSX side by side.  As much as P3Dv2 is 'Ooooh and aaah' with the new lighting features, I am missing the FTX regions and the variation of aircraft to fly in FSX and I'm thinking with a new 4.3Ghz  i7, it may not be too bad now.. P3D is still too rough around the edges, maybe V2.05 will make the difference but for now it's not quite there for me.  I'm particularly intrigued by the difference the legacy  'micro-stutter' fix is going to have on the overall experience.