Sign in to follow this  
LesPaulGuitarsRock

Getting tired of FSX tinkering. Think my simming days are numbered.

Hi.

Really getting tired of messing with this sim and moving on.

I have a 4.8 OC PC and lucky if I get 10fpm in bad weather.

I`ve tried so many suggestions.

I`m running new Rex4 textures with ASN.

NVidea Inspector is killing my PC.

I have a GTX560ti which is not a bad GPU, but an upgrade to anyother is silly money, and I will need a bigger power supply on top of that.

I dont really understand how the AA settings work, which doesn`t help.

Think I should concentrate on my guitar and let this go....

:-(

Load FSX, DX9. add two tweaks and FLY.  I find that DX10 preview takes more tweaking than DX9 with little or no gain. Do, as I do, play/practice my 1966  Strat whilist on long flights. :)

Hi.

Really getting tired of messing with this sim and moving on.

I have a 4.8 OC PC and lucky if I get 10fpm in bad weather.

I`ve tried so many suggestions.

I`m running new Rex4 textures with ASN.

NVidea Inspector is killing my PC.

I have a GTX560ti which is not a bad GPU, but an upgrade to anyother is silly money, and I will need a bigger power supply on top of that.

I dont really understand how the AA settings work, which doesn`t help.

:-(

LOL.

why not try this .

I am using a FX 6300 (no addons except NL2000 and HDE v2 clouds 32bit high) my CPU is not OC'ed it is infact undeclocked to 3.0 Ghz my FSX settings are maxed out except water and no special effects.

I have set my affinityMask=60 (only four cores) due to the NL2000 , i was on affinitymask=20 (two cores) and was still pulling 25-29 fps (locked to 30). But the moment I went and installed NL2000 again performance went down to 10s so upgraded to Affinitymask=60. Note my FX 6300 is underclocked and I am still enjoying it, don't say that it is excellent but she is performing smooth and nice.

You should lower REX textures if you are using very high ones, reduce water to high 1.x (in FSX) just play around with the sliders.

Get the NI AA and Anistropic levels down. just reduce first . Probably the newer REX textures are too heavy on that 560Ti , but I would not know that as I am a HD 7750.

If you don't have Bufferpools and HIGHMEMFIX in FSX then please set them. texturemaxload=1024. Even certain aircrafts kill fps. But your issue is bad weather so please check the REX (cannot help you with REX as I don't have it). But reduce the cloud textures. You can try FFTF in fsx.cfg.

Try these before you put FSX back in the box.

LOL i think there is a mistake in your sig rig -  video card model is a motherboard model do check it .

Update to Nvidia 331.82 (if you have not ). I had it on my lappy with GT525m and performance was good on default.

Hope it works out.

and finally pack the LesPaul and mail it  :rolleyes: would love to play "Stairway to Heaven" on it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think it's easy to lose sight of why we do this thing called FSX. Someone, in a thread somewhere, said, very wisely, "Turn a blind eye to some things."

Get your sim running OK then just fly it. I'm not saying don't tinker with it, just don't let tinkering take over. Do one change at a time and let FSX digest it.

Everyone that gives you yet another 'tinker' means well, they really do. But maybe they're just feeding the habit.

Don't give up. Rock on!

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

It's all in "expectations", Ron, isn't it?

A 4.8-gig proc is storming along, and very capable of working magic, but if the tap at the end of the hose is too small - all is for nothing, and I'm sad to read LPGR's post, as a lot of time has gone into making it work.

"Good things are seldom cheap - and cheap things are seldom good." - I don't remember who said that, but it sure applies to this hobby.

2 cents.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Will the next philosopher step up to the podium please. :lol:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

"Turn a blind eye to some things."

I've said that a few times ... doesn't matter one's platform of choice, it's always going to be true.

Sometimes it's good to take a break and come back when you feel the pull of flight.

I will make a few recommendations, get a better video card with more VRAM ... don't know what you have for a power supply nor why you think you need a new one?  If your system is crashing a lot (freeze, blue screens, etc.) that is most likely related to your OC settings.

Music is a good outlet, I often record my flights and then create some music specifically for the flight (I'm a DAW/Keyboard hobbiest also).  Flight can be musically inspiring -- at both ends of the spectrum (when it works and when it doesn't).

Cheers, Rob.

:LMAO:  Here's another, Ron!

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin.

Working as a service rep for an international automotive electronics manufacturer, I often had to attend sales meetings, and these phrases were drummed in time and time again, and I apply this "philosophy" to most of the purchases I've ever made, whether a sofa, cars - or pc parts.

Good things hold their value, and will last a long time. I've still yet to be convinced that my purchase of the i7-2600K was precipitous (given the Haswell's release close on it's heels, with it's heat issue and dismal performance). Sitting at 5 gig and feeding a 780 - FSX is pretty much where I want it to be. 

All the Best, mate!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.