Sign in to follow this  
Alec

HORRIBLE FSX performance with 780 Ti

Have you disable Windows Aero?

Is FSX installed to a non-system folder

All poor suggestions, I know, but I am running out of ideas :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Considering FSX was not designed to fully take advantage of the GPU, I think I'll stick to my GTX580 card.  I really don't foresee much of a boost with a 700 series card.  Right now I can get 15 FPS with my PMDG products on average, and almost 30 with my Majestic Software Dash-8-400.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Considering FSX was not designed to fully take advantage of the GPU, I think I'll stick to my GTX580 card.  I really don't foresee much of a boost with a 700 series card.  Right now I can get 15 FPS with my PMDG products on average, and almost 30 with my Majestic Software Dash-8-400.

It depends.  My 780 made a big difference in clouds and down low near autogen.  Really smoothed out the stutters down low.

Kdub

It depends.  My 780 made a big difference in clouds and down low near autogen.  Really smoothed out the stutters down low.

Kdub

That's good to know.  I might wait for the eventual PMDG entry into XP10 to change graphics cards.  

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I believe Alec is going to test it with his X-Plane 10 install. I'm looking forward to hear about the results.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

XP-10 is running beautifully on my GTX 780 Ti! 20Fps but with HDR on, lots of buildings, Seattle, Bad Weather, 4XSSAA, very smooth simulation!

I plugged in another HD I have here, installed Win7 64 on it, updated Windows, Graphic Drivers and then FSX, nothing else. Result???? Incredible 10fps!!! :(:(:(

I have noticed that there's some Texture Blinking some times, loading, as if it's not being able to keep up with the simulator. Sometimes the FPS will jump to 60, then back to 10. There's something bottlenecking the Simulator in my opinion. I don't believe going from Dual Channel to Single Channel would do so much harm to this simulator...

Any ideas??? I have run out of them

Alexis Mefano

Someone here suggested checking NI settings have you done those ? 

What I would do is check NI , fsx.cfg and then start with disabling the sceneries one by one and check, probably REX too if you have it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I didn't even install NI when I tested Win7 64!

It's not Software related at all :(

Alexis Mefano

I didn't even install NI when I tested Win7 64!

It's not Software related at all :(

Oh what about the sceneries ? can you check those

Yeah... Even disabling AutoGen I get bad FPS. Something very serious is happening here...

Get rid of the tweaks first of all and try it stock (don't forget to add back in HIGHMEMFIX=1 though).

People really need to learn a thing or two about systems architecture before being shocked that an 8 year old POORLY WRITTEN piece of software doesn't perform well on later top-end hardware.

When will people realize latest/fastest != best?

Best regards,

Robin.

Get rid of the tweaks first of all and try it stock (don't forget to add back in HIGHMEMFIX=1 though).

Your nickname reminds of " The Scorpions - Humanity Hour - 321".

Ya he can removing the tweaks from fsx.cfg , any shaders like sweetfx / Fxaa / smaa

I would also request that try and run it on a single core . what about CPU throttling ? that could cause fps issues.

People really need to learn a thing or two about systems architecture before being shocked that an 8 year old POORLY WRITTEN piece of software doesn't perform well on later top-end hardware.

Odd. I dont have any problems with a 780tI. Works fine. Blaming it on the sim isnt the answer.

I have said I tried Wind7 64 Bits with a clean FSX install. What more do you people want to believe I didn't mess with any tweaks or addons when doing these tests? It's all Stock FSX

I'll be buying a Dual Channel Kit Memory again. it;s the only thing I can imagine that may be causing this

Alexis Mefano

I have said I tried Wind7 64 Bits with a clean FSX install. What more do you people want to believe I didn't mess with any tweaks or addons when doing these tests? It's all Stock FSX

I'll be buying a Dual Channel Kit Memory again. it;s the only thing I can imagine that may be causing this

most don't know that it is a clean install as sometimes you just overlook those posts.

I would also try changing the memory slot of that single 8 GB. If the RAM OC'ed i would also get it down.  Heck i would in fact get the whole system back to stock clocks.

I just did some Prepar3d V2 testing, and it's not running super smooth, but it's a very flyable 20 to 30fps, with all the goodies enabled. So this issue seems to be FSX related only! Very strange indeed

Alexis Mefano