Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

I. am. speechless.

Guest Mik75

;-)

As the title says, I don´t want to write too much, words can´t explain how enthusiastic I´ve been about the wonderful look (AND FEEL!) of XPX on my B752 flight from EDDK to LFMN:

Some more info:

757 by Flight Factor, SkyMaxx Pro, UrbanMaxx were used.

The rest is vanilla XPX with HDR on.

post-186777-0-37623800-1388938732.jpg

post-186777-0-66274600-1388938754.jpg

post-186777-0-01756300-1388938773.jpg

post-186777-0-88128200-1388938788.jpg

post-186777-0-25342600-1388938807.jpg

post-186777-0-64440600-1388938823.jpg

post-186777-0-21737400-1388938860.jpg

post-186777-0-95683000-1388938901.jpg

I've been watching very carefully, and I'm noting a general 'bounce' effect, I suspect from a lot of people who were expecting P3Dv2 to solve everything right away, and seeing all the issues to still be addressed, are punting and giving XPX a try.

Very nice pictures! And I see you have SkyMaxx Pro, also a big game changer for the sim that's also pulling people to take the plunge......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's rapidly expanding with users now.... Not one or two, this is more like a stampede! Take notice developers....... And join the allready great few developers making XPX what it is now, brilliant!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The X-Plane General Discussions Forum" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Guest Mik75

It's a joy to fly! On some flights, my descent starts with an idle descent at a speed of 240, and I cannot tell why that happens, but that seems to be the only glitch so far.

Flying tubeliners in XPX feels so vivid and credible and the beautiful look of the default scenery, the water, the clouds, I haven't fired up FSX in the last two weeks.

Guest Mik75

I read in another post that the idle descent wouldn´t happen if the MCP altitude gets reset 50 nm or more before the T/D.

I did that on the last two flights and it worked perfectly! 

A really nice plane to fly!

I don't get it ! In my humble opinion the rex textures look better

To me, REX is pictures of clouds. Whereas these are ACTUAL 3D clouds ;) Don't get me wrong, I still love REX.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Hard to explain. Couple of days I've been flying XP (vanilla, no addons yet so the best has to come) and I simply cannot go back to FSX even loaded with awesome scenery like mega airports, OpusFSX or My traffic.

I humble accept missing such great enhacements because of the more immersion I feel in XP10 when flying.

Could be the joy of a new lover, maybe in a week I'll start complaining and grumbling like an old pot about poor ATC and few good scenarios, but at the moment I'm addicted.

It must be something connected to the deepness of field of view, more detailed dynamics, the wonderful night light system, the realistic traffic on road...I'm angry to say this because of the many euros invested in FSX but I think I've found my new sim.

The plus is that reading more and more people with my very feelings is a matter of time when developers will realize the growing market so I hope the future is going to be brighter regarding sceneries and aircrafts.

***Magnifico***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

XP could have been the next gen simulator, but the pathetic GUI is just horrible to say the least, not to mention the lack of support from major addon developers.

Also, the terrain textures look horrible.

XP could have been the next gen simulator, but the pathetic GUI is just horrible to say the least, not to mention the lack of support from major addon developers.

Also, the terrain textures look horrible.

Stronger than I would have put it. There's always a chance that things can change and the development focus become broader. The latest interview mentioned some attention being paid to the autogen for instance.

Clouds have been addressed by a third party recently, and the same vendor is working of winter textures since LR still seems to have seasons on a bottom burner. (on the tenth iteration of the sim!!)  :blink:

And by the way, welcome to the Forums!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Very nice shots (first one is a little too orange for my taste) but great to see for XP10.  Visually still a ways to go before it's on par with P3DV2, BUT (and this is a big one) XP10 has plenty of "room" to grow given it's 64bit path ... and I think that may ultimately be a key deciding factor for those single platform simmers.  If only LR would invest in more "full time" development resources ... I keep hoping.