Sign in to follow this  
scrunge49

fsx CTD

Hi,

I have recently re-installed FSX and am running it with ASN & PFPX, I am getting many CTD`s at random points. Please see below for dump:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x23fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0a1e5d09a7a1
Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft_FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 686cf530-761b-11e3-818e-94de80773e13

Does anyone understand this or can translate it into something useful ?

Sorry for sound desperate, its basically because I am !!

many thanks,

Mike

There are several topics here related to ASN and crashes.  You need to check those out.  For me, the crashes, freezes, lockups (whatever), stopped when I disabled Airport Wizard in the dll.xml. 

You might also check out the AVSIM CTD Guide (see pinned topic in this forum) for other possible actions and solutions.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There are several topics here related to ASN and crashes.  You need to check those out.  For me, the crashes, freezes, lockups (whatever), stopped when I disabled Airport Wizard in the dll.xml. 

You might also check out the AVSIM CTD Guide (see pinned topic in this forum) for other possible actions and solutions.

Best regards,

Thank-you for your help, I love FSX but it does drive you mad sometimes  :wacko:

I'm in total agreement with you there.  This is one reason why AVSIM developed a CTD Guide to help you investigate (the crime)...

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

I have recently re-installed FSX and am running it with ASN & PFPX, I am getting many CTD`s at random points. Please see below for dump:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x23fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0a1e5d09a7a1
Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft_FSX\fsx.exe
Report Id: 686cf530-761b-11e3-818e-94de80773e13

Does anyone understand this or can translate it into something useful ?

Sorry for sound desperate, its basically because I am !!

many thanks,

Mike

I am now getting this too....not sure why, I did install My Traffic 5.4c and the patch. I may try uninstalling it. Though it was running before the patch without CTD. I've had two CTDs after the patch now, once upon landing and once while setting up FMC when first into game. Also have had freezing during play. Sucks.

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          1/13/2014 9:59:12 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      Win8

Description:

Fault offset: 0x77dfbda1

Faulting process id: 0x844

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf10d3ffabb7d5

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Report Id: d7d7eeff-7cc7-11e3-bed0-240a6438e83b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Unfortunately the Windows Error Report and/or Event Viewer you have posted above does not provide enough information to diagnose.  I have seen several Event Viewer and Windows Error Reporting reports that indicate the faulting module is unknown.  But, when I run the AppCrashView program as suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide, it provides me with the faulting module.  Most likely you received the ntdll.dll error.  The exception code 0xc0000005 is a memory_access_violation. 

In my second post above I stated my crashes were fixed with disabling the Airport Wizard in the dll.xml.  Well, that turned out to fix the problem for a couple of flights.  I had to investigate more for the problem and ended up removing ASN, the fsuipc, disabling all modules in the dll.xml except for the PMDG and FSDT modules, and rebuilding my fsx.cfg.  So far no problem.  I have not started to reinstall the items removed yet.  Just making sure the problem does not reoccur first. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Unfortunately the Windows Error Report and/or Event Viewer you have posted above does not provide enough information to diagnose.  I have seen several Event Viewer and Windows Error Reporting reports that indicate the faulting module is unknown.  But, when I run the AppCrashView program as suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide, it provides me with the faulting module.  Most likely you received the ntdll.dll error.  The exception code 0xc0000005 is a memory_access_violation. 

In my second post above I stated my crashes were fixed with disabling the Airport Wizard in the dll.xml.  Well, that turned out to fix the problem for a couple of flights.  I had to investigate more for the problem and ended up removing ASN, the fsuipc, disabling all modules in the dll.xml except for the PMDG and FSDT modules, and rebuilding my fsx.cfg.  So far no problem.  I have not started to reinstall the items removed yet.  Just making sure the problem does not reoccur first. 

Best regards,

Hi Firehawk,

thanks for getting back, I actually in the end did a complete reinstall (including OS), so far so good. Like you though I do wonder if ASN did cause some of these problems. I am going to experiment to see what happens.

What with all the newer programs working outside of FSX (so to speak), I do wonder if we are starting to near the limits of what can be done with what can only be described as old code.

Time will tell and I am grateful for all the advice,

thanks,

I actually in the end did a complete reinstall (including OS), so far so good. Like you though I do wonder if ASN did cause some of these problems. I am going to experiment to see what happens.

Well, you are going through what I went through a year or so ago.  I was getting a constant StackHash error and ended up fixing it by reinstalling Windows 7 and FSX.  But, a month or so later, someone came up with a solution to the problem.  Yet, it is sometimes good to clean up your system and start new.

I have just reinstalled ASN and will be hoping I do not see the StackHash error.  If not, I will move the Module folder containing the FSUIPC back into the FSX directory and enable FSUIPC in the dll.xml, and, if still no crashes, I will reenable the modules I disabled in the dll.xml.  A long drawn out process but I think needed to find the culprit.  I have a feeling though my problem was fixed when I rebuilt the Fsx.cfg.  I have two monitors, DX10, and there are a lot of Display settings in the fsx.cfg to cover all the displays I have.  I think they get corrupted with the scenery indexes and the sim just stops at a certain point.  I just have not had any CTD's since I rebuilt the fsx.cfg.  Everything else I did (disabling modules, uninstalling ASN, etc., did not stop the crashes).

Good luck on your rebuild of FSX.  I think you made the right choice and I might be following you someday soon. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I reversed a patch to My Traffic X 5.4c and now don't seem to get the crashes (they started upon install of the patch). From what I can tell on their support forum it might be related to the AI flight schedules for 2013.

I have ASN/FTX Global//FTX Vector/GSX/PMDG 737NGX/few FlyTampa airports set up with a few cfg tweaks from Nick on fresh hardware.

I will check out the AppCrashView program as well.