Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

FPS dropped by 50% when i undock the panels to my cockpit !

Hi guys

Firsly here is a small picture of my still uncompleted cockpit (OH panel in the production phase as well as the pedestal).

when i undock the PFD ND EICAS (upper and lower) FMC REALITY XP WEATHER RADAN AND GNS 430 to their places in my cockpit i get 50% FPS drop and that is a very strange..

i have everything u need to ( diagnosis ) and detect what is the defect, and lets start :

1-             here is a screenshots of my FSX SETTINGs

post-324085-0-80834100-1388959857.png

post-324085-0-86070900-1388959893.png

post-324085-0-91730000-1388959908.png

post-324085-0-96659000-1388959928.png

post-324085-0-07704400-1388959955.png

2-             here is a screenshot of my NVidia Inspector settings

post-324085-0-40519600-1388960195.png

( i was using 1/2 refresh rate and it does't do the well, so 1/3 is only taked when i am in testing )

3-             here is a screenshot of my used tweaks in my CFG

post-324085-0-34024300-1388960693.png

Finally if u need my complete FSX CFG u can find it (i upload it to u)

my fsx CFG.txt

Note : i do the AERO FIX to enabling the Vsync in windowed mode which gives me 14 FPS rather than 5 FPS (  i get 24 FPS constant when i play with no undocked panels at the same satiuations next ), also i use the PMDG 747 And the new AEROSOFT OSLO V2 scenery ( which has no effect on my fsx when no undocked panles,,, really good scenery ). also i use FSGRW as a weather engine,,,,, also i use the FSX in Windowed mode (( i prefer it all the time )).

hope i get anyhelp..........

thx

Your FFTF looks very low since default is .33 I understand anything under .1 is nearly impossible.

I cant tell from your screen shot, but since you say you are in windowed mode, be sure that the FSX window is not touching the taskbar

Jay

Your FFTF looks very low since default is .33 I understand anything under .1 is nearly impossible.

He's running at 5.1gig and a GTX 680, JJ - an FFTF of 0.1 will work fine.

:smile:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Be careful, now I just spend 4 hours on the fsx to test and this is what I notice :

-The frame rates at 26 then droped to 15, again to 24 droped to 13, 22 then 16.........also 28 to 21..... up down up down, there some thing wrong, I use 1/2 refresh rate and I do the aero fix to enabling the Vsync smoothness, but why up down up down in the frame rates.

-that occurs in cloudy weather, it stay to 4 to 7 minutes and then gone, after period of time it come again.

Please more activity.....

You're undocking about 5 different windows so you are going to take a massive fps hit. Either roll back to FS9 or invest in some kind of cockpit suite.

or invest in some kind of cockpit suite.

What u mean ? If u r talken about cockpit softwares, what the best more realistic choice rather than the hi costed project majenta. If not, so what u mean by investing some kind of cockpit suite ?

He's running at 5.1gig and a GTX 680, JJ - an FFTF of 0.1 will work fine.

:smile:

Doctor, also the 0.05 work good at this moment and I dont notice any defect AT THIS MOMENT.

You're undocking about 5 different windows so you are going to take a massive fps hit. Either roll back to FS9 or invest in some kind of cockpit suite.

He is using DX9, OhSirus - not DX10.

But this is right on:

You're undocking about 5 different windows so you are going to take a massive fps hit.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

He is using DX9, OhSirus - not DX10.

But this is right on:

Lol Paul you been in DX'ville too long. I used to undock 5 screens also, but had to roll back to FS9 from FSX to maintain my fps.

What u mean ? If u r talken about cockpit softwares, what the best more realistic choice rather than the hi costed project majenta. If not, so what u mean by investing some kind of cockpit suite ?

Doctor, also the 0.05 work good at this moment and I dont notice any defect AT THIS MOMENT.

Probably the cheapest you will find and I believe Andrew added 747 support similar to what you are showing.

http://www.aerosoft.com.au/aerosoft_australia/home.html

You'll never resolve this issue. Its a windows and lost of focus deal and graphics acceleration in FS windowed mode. Either FSX or FS9. best way to avoid it using external hardware modules and running 3 monitors displaying scenery only and or using a program called wideView and multiple computers to display panels/gauges.

Now I get more stable fps (not 100% but at least 70% than before)

Here is what I do :

1- delete the cfg, let fsx to build new one.

2- then I add SimobjecPaths.6=Mytraffic\aircraft line [ in the display section ] to restore my traffic 2013 work as before with the new cfg.

3- then add the tweaks one by one ( with test/each ).

I notice when I remove the force windowed vsync I get more stable frames, then add the rest of tweaks ( with test/each also ).

Finally it seems to removing the vsync in my case (windowed mode, more than 3 undocked panels....etc) is a very acceptable idea to increase the frames stabilty ( like i say not 100% but it more accurate ), surely after that I turned off the vsync refresh rate in my NV INSPC. Which if I right I dont need it unless i dont have its tweak in my cfg !!!! !!

Everyone should know and believe, there is a differece between the FPS drop & FPS unstabilty.

Small question mark now: before I delete the cfg the ProcSpeed was 20783 and after rebuilding the new cfg I found that the ProcSpeed changes to 20110. What that is meaning ? Also is it has effect on the fsx postive or negative ?

Yes - I know, Jabloom, but unfortunately Phil didn't have the luxury of a 5 gig proc back in "11 May 2007 4:54 AM " and a 780 to play with, nor the ram we use today, nor Windows 7.

I have run an FFTF of 0.05 for months without the blurring of ground textures, and I guess many others have, too. You need to try these things for yourself, and you'll slowly learn that not everything that's written is still valid for today's hardware.

All the Best,

pj

It's not worth a debate as to what you think that tweak does, since I barely use FSX anymore. If you like it, keep using it. When I still was wedded to FSX, I used it on the rig listed in my profile and it never did anything.