Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

FPS dropped by 50% when i undock the panels to my cockpit !

Now I get more stable fps (not 100% but at least 70% than before)

Here is what I do :

1- delete the cfg, let fsx to build new one.

2- then I add SimobjecPaths.6=Mytraffic\aircraft line [ in the display section ] to restore my traffic 2013 work as before with the new cfg.

3- then add the tweaks one by one ( with test/each ).

I notice when I remove the force windowed vsync I get more stable frames, then add the rest of tweaks ( with test/each also ).

Finally it seems to removing the vsync in my case (windowed mode, more than 3 undocked panels....etc) is a very acceptable idea to increase the frames stabilty ( like i say not 100% but it more accurate ), surely after that I turned off the vsync refresh rate in my NV INSPC. Which if I right I dont need it unless i dont have its tweak in my cfg !!!! !!

Everyone should know and believe, there is a differece between the FPS drop & FPS unstabilty.

Small question mark now: before I delete the cfg the ProcSpeed was 20783 and after rebuilding the new cfg I found that the ProcSpeed changes to 20110. What that is meaning ? Also is it has effect on the fsx postive or negative ?

18 to 23 FPS with 9 undocked panels....... its a very very acurate FPS and acceptable result.

The ProcSpeed Entry is written to the CFG file by FSX and not "read" if you change it. The entry displays a number that FSX believes is your relative processor speed. If you have Intel hyperthreading turned on, it will display half the value of what it would show with HT turned off. If FSX often determines the ProcSpeed that corresponds to the exact state of the CPU when FSX is first run. If it is in "low CPU power mode", normal mode or "turbo mode" at that instant, the number can vary widely. Once written, the number does not change, unless you delete the ProcSpeed entry or delete FSX.CFG.

There are a number of legacy threads around the Internet where people claimed that changing ProcSpeed actually made FSX run better.

The procspeed is only meaningful, JHo, as a measure of the PC's hardware efficiency. There's some kind of algorithym which runs when FSX starts, taking the parameters it needs (and I don't know what they are) and then it comes up with a number which is calls "procspeed". If you remove it - a new number will be calculated. I use it as a measure of the capability of any particular pc to run FSX. I noticed over the years that it has increased, just as our machines have got faster and more powerful. I understand the ACES Team used it as a similar yardstick. Nowadays - when someone sends me an fsx.cfg to take a look at, I check that number and it gives me a good idea of whether it can be improved - or not. I have just under a hundred now. The other number - perfbucket - is almost always 7 nowadays, as that was the highest number applicable for the fastest proc at that time. Even our slowest procs are faster!

Neither number has any effect at all on the configuration of FSX, except, possibly on the config settings for the very first run after a new FSX installation.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The procspeed is only meaningful, JHo, as a measure of the PC's hardware efficiency. There's some kind of algorithym which runs when FSX starts, taking the parameters it needs (and I don't know what they are) and then it comes up with a number which is calls "procspeed". If you remove it - a new number will be calculated. I use it as a measure of the capability of any particular pc to run FSX. I noticed over the years that it has increased, just as our machines have got faster and more powerful. I understand the ACES Team used it as a similar yardstick. Nowadays - when someone sends me an fsx.cfg to take a look at, I check that number and it gives me a good idea of whether it can be improved - or not. I have just under a hundred now. The other number - perfbucket - is almost always 7 nowadays, as that was the highest number applicable for the fastest proc at that time. Even our slowest procs are faster!

Neither number has any effect at all on the configuration of FSX, except, possibly on the config settings for the very first run after a new FSX installation.

All the Best,

pj

Thanks doctor, thanks for the all the sharings and activities.